On this tour we will take you to Monção & Melgaço to try the delicious wines made with the Alvarinho grape, considered the noblest varietal of the region. It’s a Region of majestic sanctuaries and peculiar looking vines, but also of delicious smoked sausages that pair beautifully with the Red Vinho Verde… yes, you re(a)d it correctly! Join us on this experience and get to know a region that truly personifies the spirit of the North.
Your tour starts in Porto and heads North towards the Minho and Vinho Verde region.
Your first destination will be at Ponte de Lima. Here we will explore the historic center and walk into a pastry shop for some typical pastries tasting.
Now we travel to Melgaço, the most northern municipality of Portugal and one of the two Sub-regions where the Alvarinho is King. Here we will visit one of the most famous Wine Estates of the Region which is still family run and produces nectars of excellence since 1982. After the visit we’ll stop at a typical restaurant where we will have a delicious regional lunch waiting for us.
Then, with our bellies filled and our energies restored, we travel to Monção to get to know the other half of this Sub-region. Here we will meet a family run Wine Estate where the traditions stand as an homage to their ancestors, but also high tech is applied to produce the best wines.
By the end of the day, you will return to Porto, where you can be dropped off at your accommodation or any other place in town that you prefer.
- What Will You Do- Relax as you travel in a 5-9 seater vehicle with air conditioning
- Visit to the historic center of Ponte de Lima and tasting of typical pastries
- Explore wine estates in Monção and Melgaço and taste Vinho Verde Alvarinho
- Enjoy a regional lunch in Melgaço with local wine
- Taste smoked sausages paired with Red Vinho Verde in Ponte de Lima
- What Is Included✓ Local guide;
✓Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the Centre of Porto;
✓ Tour made in 5-9 seater vehicle with air conditioning;
✓ Visit to the historic center of Ponte de Lima and tasting of typical pastries;
✓ Visit to a Wine Estate in Melgaço and tasting of Vinho Verde Alvarinho;
✓ Tasting of Smoked Sausages paired with Red Vinho Verde;
✓ Regional lunch in Melgaço with Local Wine;
✓ Visit to a Wine Estate in Monção and tasting of Vinho Verde Alvarinho.
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop off outside of Porto (an extra fee applies, paid to the guide on the day)