You will have a window seat with unimpaired views as you fly to Milford Sound through a landscape of unbelievable grandeur and beauty, above mountains and glaciers onboard our fixed-wing aircraft. Your knowledgeable, highly skilled local pilot providing interesting and informative commentary during this flight of a lifetime.
This breathtaking flight takes you into Fiordland National Park, via the rugged West Coast and the Tasman Sea before descending into Milford Sound itself. Flying down the middle of the Fiord, with the dramatic sheer mountains either side, aerial views of the cascading Stirling Falls, you’ll almost feel like you are, in touching distance from Mitre Peak.
Upon at Milford’s airport, we take care of all the finer details and set you up with our cruise partner, Southern Discoveries. You will discover the natural wonders of Milford Sound aboard a spacious, modern catamaran with open air viewing decks, a perfect location for some wildlife spotting. The Fiord is home to fur seal colonies, penguins and dolphins, who love playing in the wake of the boat. Travelling the full length of the Fiord and out to the Tasman Sea, with stunning sheer cliffs surrounding you, a full commentary from the skipper plus a stop under a waterfall, your cruise is a fantastic way to experience the Fiord. Complimentary tea, coffee and water is included on your cruise, with food options available to pre purchase.
Your spectacular journey isn’t finished yet, your pilot will be waiting for you at the boat terminal to accompany you back to the airport. The breath-taking scenery continues as you end your day with a different flight path over this stunning World Heritage Area on the return flight to Queenstown.
- What Will You Do- Return sightseeing flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound
- Fly over the glaciers and peaks of Mount Aspiring National Park
- See some of the South Island's most rugged terrain
- Descend into Milford Sound for unmatched views
- 1hr 45 minutes Scenic Cruise aboard a spacious, modern catamaran
- Return flight to Queenstown via Lake Wakatipu
- What Is Included- Courtesy transport to and from most Queenstown accommodation included if required.
- Return scenic flight to Milford Sound - different flight paths each way.
- A highly skilled local pilot who will provide interesting and informative commentary.