Escape from Rome for a day on a guided trip to Florence, the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. Your itinerary is loaded with architectural gems and gourmet food tastings, with free time to explore at your own pace. Going with a guide eliminates the hassle of planning and navigating on your own and ensures you leave with a new perspective on the city’s rich history and culture.
Enjoy a cultural and gastronomic journey strolling along the beautiful city of Florence which is considered the birthplace of the Renaissance. The Historic Centre of Florence was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and contains numerous museums and art galleries, such as the Uffizi Gallery and the Palazzo Pitti.
You will be guided to the most amazing reinassance monuments and buildings such as Santa Maria Novella, Palazzo della Signoria, Piazza della Repubblica, and Piazza della Signoria where you can admire the famous replica of Michelangelo’s David.
After this tour in the centre, your guide will bring you in a gourmet market and you will have a tasting of typical chesees, oils and balsamic vinegar. The visit includes a traditional lunch composed by old dishes and recipes.
After the lunch you will spend some free time in the city visiting markets, shops, groceries. The last stop will be in a traditional chocolate bakery and in one of the most famous Gelateria of the city.
- What Is Included- Hotel pickup and drop off in Rome
- Local guide who speaks English
- Small group tour (maximum 7 people)
- Food and drinks
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities
- Personal purchases
- Other food and drinks
- Know Before You Go- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers