During the kayak tour, participants will be immersed in the deepest peace of the lake, unique in its kind, an expression of flora and fauna just minutes from Rome.
The guide will tell you the history of the lake of Castel Gandolfo and will show you some unique historical points, such as the houses of submerged stilts of Aldeia dos Moinhos, the ports of the Roman villages and, in particular, the village of the castle, the houses of some hermits and the trampoline of the Popes, where the ancient popes loved to dive from their summer residence located in the village above the lake.
In warmer periods, from March to the end of October, there will also be a relaxing break, where we will dock on a beach that can only be reached by kayaking and swim and soak in the crystal clear waters of the lake.
Throughout the tour, the instructors will give you continuous lessons on rowing techniques and, at the end of your experience, you will know how to go discreetly in kayak.
- What Will You Do1. At 10:30, on the beach we will help you to wear all the safety devices, such as the life jacket, we will deliver you the watertight bags that will be useful to contain your items such as mobile phone and camera. We will do a lesson on the ground on the technique of paddling and on the use of kayak. We will explain the group navigation methods and the technical language that will use the guide during navigation
2. Beginning of the tour, our instructor will teach you to paddle, correcting the posture and the movement of the arms, torso and legs. This introduction is very important because at the end of the tour all the participants, as well as having lived a unique experience, will have also acquired important technical notions
3. First stop: the village of the millstones - submerged stilt houses that we will see in kayak
4. Another stretch of paddling in the untouched nature, where you can admire the summer residence of the Popes on the mountain of Castel Gandolfo
5.Second stop: Roman Port of the Villa of Domitian - we stop to admire the works of ancient Rome, and our guide will tell you their story, from the Empire to the Naumachie (ancient simulations of naval battles)
6. Pass by the old structure of the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome, where all the kayaking and rowing competitions were disputed
7. Another stretch of paddling in the nature towards the Trampoline of the Popes, where we will continue to give lessons on Kayak pagan technique
8. Third stop: The Pope's trampoline - we will stop to admire the old structure on the lake shore with the ancient papal coat of arms, that the Popes of the past used as a small reference point to experience the untouched nature of the lake
9. Then the instructor will invite you to continue the tour in a unique way to awaken all your sensory activities, invite the group to be in perfect silence, and listen exclusively to the sound of nature and the local wildlife, you will be alone immersed in your thoughts.
10. Fourth stop: to stay in the theme of wild nature, we will dock in an uncontaminated beach reachable only by kayak, where, if the season allows, we will also dive and swim, relaxing as the ancient Romans did on the edges of their lake. It will be a unique moment that will leave you with a further memory of your Roman holidays
11. We will continue to paddle to the starting point giving us other relaxing breaks, where the guide will enrich the tour with other contents, stories and anecdotes about the lake
12. At 13:30, arrival at the starting point, you will also have the opportunity to take a shower in our locker rooms and for those who need it we will also be ready to take you to Rome at the Anagnina underground station directly connected to the central station of Roma Termini
- What Is Included- Kayak
- Life jacket