This tour is more than a simple visit to Gerês park: it’s a feeling! Come be a part of it!
The National Park of Peneda-Geres is the most exciting place to visit in the whole country if you are a nature lover! No other place can offer so many different things at the same time: beautiful landscapes, hikes, treks, ancient villages and a tasty local gastronomy full of fresh and local products.
We will pick you up from your lodging in a 4×4, and your escape from routine begins!
We do not offer the touristic spots. Instead, we offer you the unknown, the hidden secrets that only the locals know! Surrounded by gorgeous mountain landscapes you will make short and accessible hikes that will reward you with breathtaking views, Wild swimming in crystal clear lagoons with only fish to make you company, waterfalls taken straight from fantasy books and a time travel back to ancient times, where you can see and feel how the locals live, dress and eat in centuries old villages.
To be able to absorb all the sounds, smells, and natural beauty of Gerês all year round, you have to be able to open your heart and clear your mind. Therefore, our price has everything included!
- What Will You Do1. Driver picks you up at your accommodation in Porto around 8h30 am
2. Explore Peneda-Gerês National Park on a 4x4 Land Rover
3. Walk in trails along the mountains and find Amazing lagoons and waterfalls
4. Discover an old village lost in the hills of Gerês and meet some local people! Learn a bit more about the real Portugal besides the cities
5. Lunch: traditional Portuguese food in a local restaurant
6. Off road with the land rover, short hiking to another hidden spot - perfect to swim
7. Stops at viewpoints along the way
8. Drop off at your accommodation in Porto around 7h30 pm
- What To Expect- Off-road trails, small hikes and treks
- Amazing and beautiful landscapes
- Relax near waterfalls, amazing lagoons or viewpoints (or simply jump to the water)
- Explore Peneda-Gerês National Park from Porto on a 4×4 led by a local friendly guide who knows every secret spot
- Taste North Portugal’s traditional food and wine in an old village lost in the hills
- Learn about the history, culture, and people of the countryside in Portugal from Peneda-Gerês National Park locals
- Be a responsible traveler (part of your ticket goes to help the community that you visit)
- What Is Included- A friendly nature guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
- Small-group tour
- Experience in a 4x4 vehicle
- Contribution to the local associations that help to preserve nature and culture
- Tradicional lunch and drinks included
- Photos and videos from the tour