Visit some of the most important sites in the history of Portugal. Our first stop is at Óbidos Village – surrounded by medieval walls and by its whitewashed houses. Gaze on the impressive Gothic Churches of Alcobaça and Batalha Monasteries (UNESCO World Heritage) and have lunch at Nazaré, a traditional Portuguese fishing village. This tour also features the imposing Sanctuary of Fátima, a centre of Catholic faith and destination for pilgrims from across the world.
We depart first to encounter Óbidos and meet its medieval walls, rustic white houses and the rich and varied local traditions of the town. We also take the opportunity to visit the Castle Inn-Hotel. We then leave Óbidos for Alcobaça to take in the imposing monastery church, the first Gothic church to be built in Portugal and home to the tombs of the ill-starred lovers D. Pedro and D. Inês de Castro.
We then head onto the picturesque and colourful fishing town of Nazaré for lunch. There’s also the chance to find out something about the legends and traditions of this town. When possible, we go to Sítio, to marvel at its wonderful views out over Nazaré and its beaches.
We then move onto Batalha to visit the monastery church, a Gothic masterpiece with the most finely worked stained-glass windows.
Finally, we reach the Our Lady of Fátima Sanctuary, an altar of the Christian faith and site of world pilgrimage. There is also the Chapel of Apparitions with its portrayal of Our Lady of Fátima. Take the time also for the location of the Basilica with the tombs of the three witnesses, and the Church of the Holy Trinity, the fourth largest in the world by capacity. You have some some free time to attend mass.
Travelling through this colourful agricultural region, we return to Lisbon.
- What To Expect- Fatima Sanctuary
- Nazaré, a traditional fishing village
- Óbidos Village
- Batalha Monastery (UNESCO World Heritage Sites)
- Alcobaça Monastery (UNESCO World Heritage Sites)
- What Is Included- Pick-up and drop off in some hotels in central Lisbon
- Guided tour
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities
- Lunch (optional)
- For clients staying at Estoril Coast, Sintra and Cascais area hotels, we offer pick up and drop off service (for an additional charge)
- Know Before You Go- Children younger than 6 years old may participate for free
- Tour available in Portuguese, Spanish, English and French
- TransfersYour guide will pick you up and drop you off in your hotel in central Lisbon. Please, remember to provide your complete address at the time of booking.
If your hotel is not on the list of pickup locations, your guide will meet you in a designated meeting point in central Lisbon.