We’ll start the day in the north of Santorini amongst picturesque traditional settlements, where you can capture an authentic side of the island, as experienced by the locals. The north is also a place filled with hidden gems and spectacular views, which makes for great landscape photography and shots of rock formations not often captured on camera.
After lunch and a break from the scorching midday sun (feel free to take a siesta), we’ll start up the afternoon session, heading south to explore off the beaten track. Here we’ll visit the narrow streets of the Pyrgos settlement and travel to the top of the hills for panoramic shots of the island in the afternoon sun, before taking in the medieval character of Emporio in the foothills of Mount Prophet. En route, we’ll drive through the well-pruned vineyards – giving you a view of Santorini that you don’t see in travel brochures.
These routes and this format gives you the best of Santorini – stunning views and beautiful landscapes to capture the magic of the island on camera.
But this is your private workshop. Which means it’s flexible to your needs.
If you want to get shots of the sunrise, we can start earlier in the day. If there are amazing clouds passing over the north of the island and we’re busy exploring the south, we can jump in the car and head north. This workshop is about giving you a photography experience like no other. If there’s a chance to photograph something out of the ordinary, I’ll tailor the program to suit.
- What Will You Do1. Starting the day from Oia traditional Settlement
2. Finikia Village
4. (Break around 12 o'clock, where we can take you back to your hotel)
5. Pick-up again 4 hours before sunset
- What To ExpectOne day, two Santorinis...
For most visitors to the island, there is one Santorini. That of rugged, volcanic landscape and whitewashed cubiform buildings that spill down cliffs overlooking red, black and white lava pebble beaches. For photographers, though, there are two Santorinis: the island in the morning and the island in the afternoon.
The stunning rock formations are the same, and the blue-domed chapels, windmills and winding pathways remain set in stone. But the light isn’t the same. Santorini cast under a rising sun is different from the same landscape viewed as the sun begins to retire.
From the hazy early morning glow over Fira and Oia to the late afternoon sunlight illuminating the caldera, Santorini is the sun’s canvas. And you’ll be there to capture the artist’s work.
- What Is Included- Full instruction from a professional photographer and guidance throughout the workshop
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel as well as transportation around the island during the workshop
- All our workshops are private, however you can use your own car as well and follow me!
- What Is Not Included- A camera
- A set of lenses. Any lenses are fine, but it’s good to have a wide-angle lens or a zoom lens. (For reference, my lens is 24-70mm and for some architectural shots, I use a 16-35mm lens)
- A tripod (we can provide one if you don’t have your own)
- Spare batteries (we’ll be working that camera hard)
- Extra memory cards
- Your comfiest pair of walking shoes
- Know Before You Go- Yes this is a photography workshop, but no its not only for photographers! Its for everyone who wants to explore Santorini island together with a photographer!
- TransfersPick up at 9am from the reception of your hotel.
All our workshops are private, however you can use your own car as well and follow me! Again we will meet at the reception of your hotel