Our full-day excursions to the sea are the opportunity to know and admire the marine mammals of the Azores in their natural habitat. In the Azores we have the opportunity to observe about 27 species of cetaceans throughout the year, always in the company of a professional team of skippers, biologists and watchmen.
Before leaving for the sea, a briefing on cetaceans, sighting methods, safety rules and the code of ethics of Cetacean Observation in the Azores is held.
In the path of the great cetaceans and the joyful dolphins, our midday excursions to the sea are the opportunity to know and admire the marine mammals of the Azores in their natural habitat.
Using the technique of strategically located lookouts on the south coast of the island, our boats depart to meet these unique beings in a journey that is a mix of fun, adventure, discovery and scientific knowledge. In just a few hours, we will provide you with an unforgettable experience!
- What Will You Do- 08h00 - Briefing
- 08h30 - Start of the activity in the Sea
- 18h00 - Arrival at the Marina of Ponta Delgada and end of activity
- What To Expect- A unique experience to remember for a lifetime!
- Predicted Duration - Activities: 8 hours
- Degree of difficulty: Easy
- What Is Included- Presentation of the activity
- Semi-rigid boats for 12 people and rigid boats for 25 or 36 people with WC
- Life jacket (obligatory use)
- Waterproof jacket
- Accompaniment by certified monitors of the Picos de Aventura
- Insurance (Personal Accidents and Civil Responsibility)
- Hot tea and biscuits included
- What Is Not Included- Minimum equipment required: Comfortable footwear with rubber sole.
- Recommended technical equipment: windbreaker, hat, water, sunscreen, waterproof bag (to store mobile phone and/or camera).
- Note: The activities are subject to meteorological and logistic conditions.