The Grand Slovenia Tour takes you to the most popular and the most beautiful touristic destinations in Slovenia. The tour lasts for the whole day so it’s very important to organize the time right. So the tour starts early in the morning when the guide picks you up at your accommodation.
After approximately 2 hour drive you will arrive to Postojna cave. Postojna cave is a natural gem and the cave system is approximately 25 km in length making it the longest cave system in Europe. The largest depth of the cave is 115 m and the temperature is always around 9*C so be sure to bring a sweater. You will be a part of an organized group visit with the official cave guide. You enter the cave with a 10 min train drive. After it you walk through the cave galleries for about an hour and you get out once again with the train. Other than beautiful creations of nature (stalactites and stalagmites) the cave is a home to numerous animals including the proteus or the ”human fish” better known as baby dragon.
Your journey continues after a 1 hour drive when you arrive to Lake Bled. How you spend the time there depends on you. You have several options on how you would like to spend your time on the Lake. You can choose from: pletna boat ride to the beautiful Bled island where you can visit the island church and ring the bell for good luck, visit Bled castle and check out the breathtaking view, walk around the Lake or have lunch. It’s up to you. The guide gives you the timeline and you plan your activities.
Just 40 min away is the last destination of the day – Ljubljana, the Slovenian capital. We will tell you a bit about the city history and explore the city center. Ljubljana’s history starts with a Greek legend of Jason and the Argonauts, develops through the medieval times and turns into a lovely capital with the memorable sights of the Old city, Ljubljanica river, bridges connecting it’s shores, the Ljubljana market…
A bit more of driving and you will be back to Zagreb, dropped off at your accommodation.
- What Will You Do1. Postojna cave sightseeing organized tour
2. Bled Lake sightseeing
3. Ljubljana sightseeing
- What To Expect- Great day in the outdoors.
- Beautiful protected nature.
- Getting to know the region, people and tradition.
- Tasting of delicious Slovenian food.
- Revitalized energy.
- Screensaver worth photos.
- What Is Included- private car/van transfer
- private guide
- What Is Not Included- Meals
- Admission tickets.
- Know Before You Go- you will be crossing the border so please check the visa regime for your country
- in the Postojna cave the temperature is always around 9*C so please take extra clothes
- comfortable shoes needed for the tour
- Euro is the currency used in Slovenia