Perhaps the most emblematic place in São Miguel, this is “only” one of the seven wonders of Portugal. Place of legends and stories, where each one is a King or a Queen, will be a place to store through a photograph or as someone once said: ‘no photography is able to portray such beauty, I prefer to keep in mind what my eye see’.
Be amazed by the beauty of the blue and green lake traveling comfortably in a minivan/bus, with a local guide. Visit the pineapple plantation, Pico do Carvão viewpoint, Grota do inferno / Lagoa do Canário lookout, Vista do Rei viewpoint and stop for a break at Sete Cidades Parish.
The smile of our tour guides will welcome you with the free pick up from your hotel, accommodation or cruise ship. Your tour starts with a briefing about what you’re about to experience and heads to the first stop: A unique pineapple plantation to learn more about the growing process of this famous Azores product.
The stop at Pico do Carvão viewpoint, make you discover the north and south coast, all from the same point, then hit the road again to the amazing lookout, Boca do Inferno.
Vista do Rei, is a place that you will never forget, a breathtaking view above the green and blue lake, considered one of the seven wonders of Portugal. Stop for a break inside the volcano and explore the peaceful parish, visit the main church, taste the local beer or a coffee, or just walk near the lake, this is a “explore by yourself” moment.
On the way out of the volcano, another great viewpoint where the rocks of Mosteiros can be admired. Don’t go back to Ponta Delgada without looking closer to the Mosteiros village, rocks and Ponta da Ferraria, from an old whale-watching viewpoint with a lovely view above the ocean.
If you’re on a cruise ship, be sure to provide your cruise ship’s name and time. Pick up available from the cruise ship harbor.
- What To Expect- Breathtaking views
- Stress free tour
- Friendly tour guide
- Flexibility in time and itinerary
- The highlights of Sete Cidades in half day
- What Is Included- Tour guide
- Pick up / drop off from any hotel, accommodation or cruise ship from Ponta Delgada
- 30 minutes stop of free time to explore by yourself
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities
- Personal purchases
- Food and drinks
- Entrance tickets
- Know Before You Go- In the Azores the weather can be tricky sometimes, especially in winter, a rain jacket and comfortable shoes are advised
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to take place