For true Lord of the Rings fans, this is the trip where Nomad Safaris really does take you There and Back again. This scenic sightseeing t our includes recognisable filming locations and stunning natural scenery. The Glenorchy Safari of the Scenes takes you from Queenstown to Glenorchy stopping at breath-taking viewpoints.
En route from Glenorchy follow the Dart River to the spectacular filming location for Isengard. This location offers stunning views of Mt Earnslaw. Heading to Paradise discover the location for the Forrest of Lothlorien. Leaving Glenorchy and heading towards Queenstown you will stop at 12 Mile Delta to explore the location of the Ithilien Camp.
The Safari of the Scenes – Glenorchy also includes locations from Xmen Origins: Wolverine, and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
- What Will You Do- Visit filming locations from Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, X-men Origins: Wolverine, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and others
- Bring the films to life – dress up and take photos in our replica props
- Visit Paradise Forest – the Forest of Middle-earth
- What To Expect- Misty Mountains
- Refugees of Rohan
- Battle of the Wargs scenes
- Ithilien Camp – Oliphants scene
- Lothlorien forest
- The Battle of Amon Hen/Seat of Seeing
- What Is Included- Movie props & refreshments (including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit cake and cookies)
- Pickup from Town Centre or Queenstown accommodation
- Small-group tour
- Transport by 4WD vehicle