Leaving the house and enjoying nature is one of the best plans we can make to disconnect. For this we have created the hiking route through Los Montes de Málaga, one of the most beautiful places that we can find in the capital of the Costa del Sol.
We will start the experience together with our guide in Spanish with a very interesting visit to the Lagar de Torrijos Ecomuseum, one of the places that stores the cultural heritage of wine in Malaga. This museum, built in 1843, has an appearance very similar to the old winery houses where the locals of Los Montes de Málaga lived. At the Lagar de Torrijos Ecomuseum there will also be time to learn about the artisan winemaking of Malaga or the classic oil mill.
After a beginning quite loaded with information and very curious data, we will enter the forest of Los Montes de Málaga for a short walk discovering different important points of this great natural area.
We will stop at the Mirador del Palomar, one of the most attractive in the city, and we will see the Chapera stream. We may even find some vestiges of Picapedreros, one of the typical wineries abandoned by the mountains, as well as well-known rocks in Malaga such as La Maceta or Las Siete Mesas. Throughout the hiking route we will talk to you about Malacitan cultural traditions such as the Verdiales and we will remember some of the natural species that predominate in Los Montes de Málaga.
We will finish at the starting point, the Lagar de Torrijos, where we will have a small wine tasting and a plate of freshly cooked crumbs, the most typical dish of the Malaga mountains!
We advise you to prepare a picnic to spend the rest of the day to carry out this hiking route through the Montes de Málaga, since the area around the Ecomuseum has barbecues and tables so that you can enjoy peacefully. What a great day awaits us!
- What Will You Do- The Mountains of Malaga.
- Ecomuseum Lagar de Torrijos.
- Mirador del Palomar.
- Arroyo Chapera.
- Seven Tables.
- Lagar de Torrijos.
- Wine tasting and a plate of crumbs.
- What To Expect- Where does the wine tradition in Malaga come from?
- How old are you in the lagar where the Ecomuseum Lagar de Torrijos is housed?
- How far does the Los Montes de Málaga area go?
- What natural species predominate in the Malaga mountains?
- How are the marks left by foxes and genets?
- What do the Montes de Málaga taste like? To wine from Malaga with Migas!
- What Is Included- Hiking route.
- Duration 4 hours.
- Official Guide in Spanish.
- Walking route.
- Wine tasting and a plate of freshly made crumbs.
- What Is Not Included- Transport
- Know Before You Go- Our guides will be identified with an umbrella, flag, backpack or cord with water green accreditation and the company logo: Paseando Por Europa.
- Please arrive 15 minutes in advance because the tour will depart on time.
- Show the guide, at the meeting point, the reservation confirmation email either in print or by mobile phone or tablet.
- For the excursion to go ahead, a minimum of 4 participants is necessary.
- 100% safe tour
- The current regulations and the security and protection measures against COVID-19 are complied with: small groups, safety distance, guide equipment ...
- Remember to bring your mask!