Uttarakhand, the name itself indicates about its history. It means ‘A piece of land in the north’. When you explore and think about the Himalaya, then you feel mesmerized with a thought of pure knowledge.
This is adobe of two different religions i.e. Hinduism and Buddhism. The teaching of both the religions are more or less same but the basic difference comes from the teachings. Hinduism says about the origin of mankind and general scriptures related to that where as Buddhism shows the way of salvation.
Either you are spiritual savvy person or an adventure seeking rider, this 10 days motorcycling journey is a perfect blend of both.
Your selected en-route destinations are greatly affected by the earlier British era. It may be by mean of buildings or locations or habits of the local inhabitants. During the motorcycling holidays, you explore and encounter every day a new culture and nature. Two of holiest rivers of India – Ganga and Yamuna originate from the glaciers of Uttarakhand – Gangotri and Yamuntri.
You experience the Hinduism way of worshiping, dipping into chill water, in the desire of self cleansing. Himalayan range is Kashmir to farther North East but the real fragrance of Hinduism, culture, flora & fauna, endeavor – you explore in this tour.
Day 1: Arrival in Delhi
Most of the international flights arrive at terminal-3, Indira Gandhi International Airport. Our representative receives you there. Your hotel room is available for next day till 11:00 AM.
Day 2: You make an early start from the hotel. You ride towards India Gate.
In the morning, roads have less traffic. Your birds are checked thoroughly and it takes around 6 hrs to reach Mussoorie. It is a comfort ride as the road is four lane highway. It is located 40 kms away from the state capital. When you cross Dehradun, the doon valley starts and you see the lush green forest of Cidar trees. Mussoorie is known as ‘Queen of Mountains’. You can see the effect of British Architectures and culture. In evening, you can explore local markets.”
Day 3: Today the touring distance is not much but it takes enough time as you find self immersed in the natural beauty of Himalaya.
There are some lesser known tourist place in Uttarkhand. Kanatal is one of that. This little hill station is having abundance of greenery and serenity. While descending from Manali, you stay in kempty fall and you feel the mesmerizing effect.
Day 4: An early departure for Rishikesh, you explore the curvy mountainous roads.
You descends towards Rishikesh, which is located on the banks of Ganga river. Undoubtedly, Rishikesh is mostly known as Hindu spiritual capital. When you wander in the streets, you feel the essence of spiritualism. The Ganga is understood as the final destination of deliverance or salvation. It consists some kind of ‘Hindu Mythological Occult Science’. You explore the city and near by spots as you stay in Rishikesh for 2 nights.
Day 5: Today you have an opportunity to explore the hidden energy blockage by practicing meditation session.
You spend this day in Rishikesh to relax, take a break from riding and also to enjoy some of the other activities Rishikesh is famous for i.e. rafting. In the evening, you visit temples and ashrams located nearby to Laxman Jhula (Suspended Bridge) & Ghats. The water of Ganga is interpreted as sacred & divine. The city life is almost full of energy and zeal though-out the day but in evening, you can witness a bounty Ghat’s life as well as special Aarti “”The Prayer dedicated to Goddess Ganges. When you be in Rishikesh, you notice the various local music instrumental sound from temples as it is the time for prayers.
Day 6: The morning rising red sun glows behind the mountains.
You head on towards Devprayag, that is known as meeting point of two acred rivers and how the river Alkhananda and Bhagirathi meet. The word ‘Prayag’ literally means Sacrifice. This place is known for seeking blessings and find solace.
Day 7: Our today expedition starts early morning and now you drive from Garwal region to Kumaon region of Uttarakhand.
Lansdowne, a hill station is also a less explored tourist destination. This town was founded by the British Rulers as a military outpost & it is named after Lord Lansdowne the then Viceroy of India. The centuries – old Kaleshwar Mahadev temple is located there.
Day 8: Having a healthy breakfast makes you energetic for the day.
You drive to Corbett. Today you are scheduled to explore Jim Corbett National Wild life Sanctuary. It takes 5-6 hrs drive in sanctuary’s jeep. The ride takes you to internal routes of the jungle where you feel enthralled every minute. You explore natural flora & fiona. You enjoy camp fire & dinner.
Day 9: A morning ride makes your day.
You drive towards to a small upward zigzag road to Ranikhet, a paradise in the middle of the mountains of Kumaon.
Day 10: This is the last day of this amazing hindu spiritual towns tour.
Today it is little bit long drive to New Delhi. You start your drive early in the morning and by late afternoon, you reach to New Delhi. You check-in to hotel. Your rooms are available till next day 11:00 AM. Today we have a farewell dinner and experience sharing session.
Day 11: There are many destinations in Delhi to explore.
swYou can explore many options to visit old Delhi by bicycle rickshaw, exploring the spice market, India Gate, the houses of parliament, the legendary red fort or walk in Lodhi gardens and much, much more!
- What Will You Do- 9 days Comfortable Motorcycling Ride in Himalayan Mountains
- Exploring and camping in remote locations
- 2 days activities in Rishikesh, the roots of Hinduism
- Explore Wild life sanctuary
- Local delicacies and cuisines
- Comfortable stays in camps & hotels
- Available (Sept to April)
- What To ExpectYou experience the most beautiful routes in the lower Himalaya. Drive through pine forests and sacred rivers. We guide you to Mussoorie; an untold love of Britishers. Here the plan: we drive to Mussoorie, Kanatal (a less known hill station, where serenity flows. Then drive to Devprayag, a pivot of Hindu culture, 3 rivers merge in 1 river. Explore the sage life in Rishikesh, the town of temples and hindu gods. Cherish yourself with yoga & meditation. Jim Corbett sanctuary is a real time experience to explore the wildlife.
- What Is Included- Royal Enfield 500cc
- Mechanic throughout the tour
- Experienced Team Captain
- All toll and entry fee
- Support Vehicle for carrying luggage (One duffel bag size- Overall size: 22” length x 14” width x 9” height) and other essentials.
- First Aid kit
- Breakfast and Dinner on all days
- Stay on twin sharing basis in Hotel/ Guest house/ Swiss tents/ Home stays.
- Routine maintenance
- Airport Transfer In New Delhi
- What Is Not Included- Airfare
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cost of major bike repairs in case of damage
- Basic Spare parts for the Bikes
- Personal expenses Travel insurance
- Gratuities and any other expenses not mentioned in Tour Itinerary
- Motorcycle Security Deposit for USD 300
- Know Before You Go- Roads : Mostly roads are tarmac
- Difficulty Level: Easy/ Intermediate
Things to bring:
- Good quality Helmet
- Water proof riding gear to ride in cold conditions which protects you in unlikely spill (such as leather pants or jeans)
- Rain gear, if riding gear is not water proof
- High Factor sun Screen Lotion
- Riding boots or hiking boots
- Water Bottle
- Riding gloves
- Wind proof and water proof trousers and jackets
- Balaclava to keep dust out of your nose and mouth
- 6 pass port size photos
- Personal Medicine
- Small Bag (Day sack)