Dolphins Plus Marine Mammal Responder (DPMMR), a not for profit 501(c).3, is committed to the conservation and protection of marine mammals, worldwide, through our active involvement in conservation, research, extensive education, and outreach programs. DPMMR leads and operates the ONLY whale and dolphin stranding organization covering 10,000 square miles of marine habitat in the Florida Keys. DPMMR promotes a greater understanding of marine ecosystem science, marine mammal conservation, and environmental stewardship via powerful daily interactions with the general public.
Our goal is to connect people with dolphins and inspire them to protect their wild counterparts and the fragile marine ecosystem. Through DPMMR (via donations, powerful interactions creating connections, educational programs, etc.), the general public directly contributes to the rescue, rehabilitation, research, and conservation of whales, dolphins, and the local marine ecosystem. This knowledge not only benefits the Florida Keys, but the global scientific research community.
DPMMR’s Interactive swim is a thrilling adventure of a lifetime! In this deep-water program, you’ll experience the speed, power, and gentle precision of our Atlantic bottlenose dolphins via a variety of trained behaviors.
Begin the program with an educational briefing, on dolphin anatomy and biology, marine mammal and ocean conservation, and detailed descriptions of the dolphin interactions. Guided by a trainer, swimmers are then divided into smaller groups, to maximize and personalize each dolphin interaction.
Book your swim today to connect with our marine mammal family, while you protect their wild counterparts!
- What Will You Do- After the educational briefing, guests enter the deep, natural, ocean-water lagoon to experience a variety of behaviors with our Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Guests will experience behaviors such as kisses, hugs, belly rubs and so much more.
- The dolphins may push guests by the feet, pull them through the water by their dorsal fin, or allow the guest to lay on their belly while they transport them from one part of the lagoon to another.
- Guests are allowed to gently touch the dolphins in a variety of behaviors, guided by a trainer on the dock. The trainer guides both the guests and the dolphins through a series of interactive behaviors in the deep water.
- This program is NOT timed, to allow for the maximum amount of interaction between the dolphins and the participants.
- Guests who have experienced other dolphin swim programs always say that DPMMR's swim is the best because we allow the guests to experience a more personalized interaction with less people in the water at one time. Book your Interactive Swim today and support DPMMR's whale and dolphin rescue organization! Support our swims that save!
- What To Expect- Guests can expect to experience dolphins like they have never interacted with them before. The DPMMR marine mammal family will put a smile on your face and warm your heart!
- Guests should expect to arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to swim time, in order to complete the check in process.
- The minimum age to experience this program is 7 years and anyone under the age of 10 must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
- Guests must be able to swim in deep water. Your feet will not touch the bottom in this program and guests tread water and float throughout the program.
- If English is not your first language and you do not understand English, someone must be able to translate in your party.
- The trainer on the dock will guide the guest through each interaction and tell the guest how to position themselves to gain the best experience.
- What Is Included- 30 minute educational briefing that teaches guests about dolphin anatomy and physiology, marine mammal and ocean conservation, and what to expect during your swim.
- There are bathrooms on site at DPMMR, as well as a gift shop and rinse off showers.
- Guests are given a flotation vest to aide in floating during the swim.