The historic monuments and stunning natural landscapes of Kazbegi lie around three hours north of Tbilisi, close to the Russian border.
On this full-day tour from Tbilisi, take in all the highlights of Georgia’s top-end, including the Jinvali Water Reservoir, Ananuri Fortified Castle, and the Gudauri Ski Resort.
Stop along the way to visit the Russian Georgian Friendship Monument and Gergeti Trinity Church, admire views of Mount Kazbek, and sample traditional Georgian cuisine at a local restaurant (own expense).
- What Will You Do1. The guide will pick you up on a private vehicle from your accommodation in Tbilisi.
2. Jinvali Water Reservoir
3. Ananuri Fortified Castle Ensemble is a sixteenth-century castle complex on the Aragvi River. The fortress stands beside the famous Georgian Military Highway, overlooking the large Jinvali Lake. Its high, turreted stone walls protect two churches, a watchtower, and a reservoir. The main church facade is beautifully carved with animal, floral and Celtic style patterns.
4. Next stop on the way is Gudauri, a remarkable ski resort in Georgia. The resort is at the altitude of 7,217 feet (2,200 meters) above sea level. The first lower lift station is at 6528 feet (1,990 meters ) above sea level and the last, or top, the station is at a 3,306-meter called summit Sadzele. The resort offers high-quality skiing opportunities, with the ski season lasting from December through April.
5. From Gudauri, you'll continue your trip to Gergeti Trinity Church. At an altitude of 7,119 feet (2,170 meters), the twelfth or thirteenth-century monument was erected on the southern slopes of Mkinvarcveri. Gergeti Trinity Church is an important temple, remarkable for its beautiful scenery. The Gergeti Trinity Church is set poignantly on a hill directly below the towering white massif of Mount Kazbek, which sits at 5,033 meters.
6. On top of all this, you will also have the opportunity to partake in the best tandem paragliding in Georgia. The spectacular views and stable weather conditions put it right up there. From the perfect take-off sites close to the spots around Gudauri, your flight will take you over the ridges with a birds-eye view of the places above Jvari pass or Aragvi Valley. After a 20 to 25 minute flight, you will smoothly land close to the takeoff area or near the road in the valley after your exhilarating cross-country flight.
7. Return to your address in Tbilisi or we can drop-off you in Gudauri or Stepantsminda
- What To Expect- Spectacular views of Mount Kazbegi and Kinvali Lake
- Guided tour of the mountaintop Gergeti Trinity Church
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your Tbilisi hotel
- Private tour ensures the undivided attention of your guide
- What Is Included- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- What Is Not Included- Off-road car to Gergeti Holy Trinity Church
- Gudauri-Kobi cable car (optional, 30 GEL per person, available in good weather)
- Paragliding (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Know Before You Go- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- TransfersTour starts at 8 am, 9 am, 10 am or 11 am.
We will contact you before the tour and will send contacts of your guide and car number. The car will be waiting for you 15 mins before departure time. Please provide the correct phone number and email.