Lhasa 8-day tour starts after the Kathmandu to Lhasa flight and visits the major places of Lhasa city in Tibet. It is a short journey to the ancient Tibetan capital of Lhasa to appreciate its rich cultural history. We include visits to the Jokhang, the Norbulingka (the Summer Palace of the Dalai Lama), and the famous Potala Palace with side trips to the nearby monasteries of Drepung, Sera or Tsurpu.
The first day of the tour consists of flying from Kathmandu to Lhasa. If it’s the first time you are flying this route then you will feel as if you are flying just above the heaven. The beautiful Himalayas that you witness will erase your fatigue and refresh your soul. You will be guided to your hotel after the arrival upon Lhasa and you can have all the time you want to get fresh and get acclimatized in the Tibetan altitude of Tibet.
From next day Visit to the temples and monasteries and palaces will refresh you and gives you an opportunity to peek in the way of Tibetan living. It is like a open museum for all historical and cultural lover. You can see lots of things which were made in ancient time. Some of the monastery was made by Bhrikuti which was from Nepal. You kids will learn the meaning of respect and love in these days. And they will also have a chance to observe and learn how ancient monuments are kept and should be kept for future generations as the Tibetans have preserved.
- What Will You DoDay 01: Kathmandu (1,300m) to China – Lhasa (3,650m):
Fly to Lhasa crossing over the highest Himalayan ranges of the world which takes about 1 hour Mountain scenic flight. Or arrive via mainland China to Lhasa. Transfer and check-in to your hotel. Rest at the for acclimatization.
Days 02/03: Full day sightseeing in Lhasa:
Two full day sight-seeing tour of Lhasa including Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Bazaar, Potala Palace, Sera & Drepung monasteries, etc.
Day 04: Lhasa to Shigatse via Gyantse.
Drive to Shigatse via Gyantse and Yamdroktso. Enroute visit Yamdroktso and Phalkhor and Khumbu stupa in Gyantse. Drive to Shigatse.
Day 05: Shigatse to Ronbuk via Shegar.
Enjoy the scenic drive to Xegar; take some rest and drive further via bumpy road to Runbok. This trip seems a little bit tiring, though the beautiful scenery makes you forget the pain.
Day 06: Hike to Everest Base Camp
The day early in the morning, you will hike to Everest base camp. It is a couple of hours of hiking. Explore around and drive back to Shegar. You may use horse craft if you cannot walk to the base camp. (If time permits, drive to Shigatse)
Day 07: Shigatse to Lhasa (341 KM)
Visit Tashilomphu Monastery; Explore around Shigatse and drive back to Lhasa.
Day 08: Drive to the Airport or Train station for the next destination.
As last day our guide will drop you up to the Lhasa Airport and flight back to Kathmandu
- What To Expect- Culture and art
- Local people
- See the roof of the world, Mount Everest
- What Is Included- Transportation bus /jeep as per group size
- Tibet travel permit
- Tibetan guide that speaks English
- Accommodation on twin sharing room basis
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary
- Daily breakfast
- Flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa and Kathmandu
- Hotel-airport-hotel transfer in Lhasa
- What Is Not Included- Client and travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Lunch and dinner
- Personal expenses such as a drink, gratuities and etc
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Know Before You Go- The best time for Lhasa tour is from March to June and September to December.
- You have to arrive in Kathmandu 3 days before you fly to Lhasa. Chinese embassy needs 3 working days to issue the visa with Hard Passport. On that 3 days of free time you can Explore the Kathmandu valley until we received the Visa.