There are many boat trips to see Lisbon at Sunset … But there is only one Barco Evora. Barco Evora is a historic ship consisting of a large outdoor deck and a comfortable indoor deck that ensures the best conditions for cruises and events throughout the year.
For 50 minutes you will get to know the view of Lisbon from the Tagus while enjoying your cup of tea or coffee after lunch.
Barco Evora is a historic ship built in 1931 with recycled tank plates from World War I. It was the first diesel ship in Portugal and served the Portuguese people for more than 50 years connecting the river between Lisbon and the south bank. Between 2014 and 2017 it has been totally refurbished to become the charm ship it is today.
The tour begins at Cais do Sodré, where the caravels were built and discovered Brazil and the sea route to India!
From Cais Sodré, the historic”Barco Evora” goes to Ponte 25 de Abril to see, by far, the most beautiful monuments dedicated to the triumphal period of the Discoveries: Jerónimos Monastery, Monument to the Discoveries and the Tower of Belém. the most beautiful photographs of Christ the King before arriving at one of the most beautiful squares in the world: the Commerce Square, also known as Terreiro do Paço, for being the site of the palace of the kings of Portugal for about 2 centuries.
From Terreiro do Paço, it is possible to see all of Lisbon’s old quarter, with the Castle of São Jorge, the Lisbon Cathedral built in 1147, the historical districts such as Alfama, Mouraria and Graça, as well as the Church of Santa Engrácia converted in the 19th century in the National Pantheon, where Portuguese figures such as Amália Rodrigues, João de Deus and Eusebio are buried.
Barco Evora has a large outdoor terrace with a large bar on the upper deck and the downstairs has an executive room which was the former first class, a kitchen, 4 bathrooms and a large panoramic lounge that guarantees maximum comfort even on colder days.
Every cruise on the Barco Evora is a trip to the past!
- What Is Included- 50 minutes cruise at Tagus River on a historic boat
- 1 drink per person (wine, beer, tea, coffee or juice)
- Live Guide tour (in portuguese and english)
- What Is Not Included- Other drinks (There is a bar available for consumption - reference price: beer 3 € / gin Tankeray 6 €)
- Know Before You Go- The embarkation and disembarkation station (Cais da Ribeira das Naus) is in the center of Lisbon, close to all means of transport: metro, train, boat, buses, taxis.
- It is not allowed to enter food or drink from abroad.
- We recommend that you arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled time for check-in at Cais Ribeira das Naus.
- The Barco Evora entrance is accessible to people with reduced mobility. However we warn that the bathrooms are on the lower deck with stairway access only.
- Pets are allowed on condition that they are trapped on the stern covered outdoor deck.