This lovely tour will allow you to visit not only some of Greece’s eighteen UNESCO World Heritage sites but also some of the country’s fourteen sites in the UNESCO tentative list, together with other top destinations across this beautiful Mediterranean land.
UNESCO sites you will visit in this tour:
1) Archeological site of Delphi
2) Monastery of Hosios Loukas
Sites in the UNESCO Tentative List you will visit in this tour:
1) Theatre of Oeniadae
2) Theatre of Dodona
Come and visit with us this stunning Mediterranean country! You will quickly understand why Greece is much more than just a perfect summer destination. Greece is a truly year-round destination!
It boasts plenty of things to do: from fascinating museums to imposing archaeological sites, and from mouthwatering gastronomy to perfect-picture villages and towns. Greece is the ideal destination if you enjoy nature and dramatic landscapes, regardless the time of the year you plan to visit it.
If you plan your next trip with us, you will have lots of scenic roads, wild landscapes, impressive vestiges, landmarks, old monasteries and ancient churches to admire along this wonderful tour, besides urban delight with a dynamic nightlife. You will bound to enjoy it!
We, at Monterrasol Travel, practice the Slow Tourism philosophy. That means that we work our tours at a pace that allows to our clients have a more authentic experience and a true exploring of each destination we visit. We dismiss the stress, the rush, the tight schedules and the crazy running from spot to spot, specially related to bus travel package tours for large groups.
- What Will You DoDay 1: travel to Parga, visit Parga castle, visit Parga beach, travel to Arta and for the rest of the day enjoy free time in Arta, accommodation in Arta
Day 2: visit Arta museum, travel to Iniades to see Iniades archaeological site (UNESCO tentative list), travel to Mesolongi to see Mesolongi landmark, travel to Nafpaktos for accommodation
Day 3: visit Nafpaktos fortress, visit Nafpaktos historical center, travel to Delphi and for the rest of the day enjoy free time in Delphi, accommodation in Delphi
Day 4: visit Delphi archaeological site (UNESCO World Heritage), travel to Arachova and for the rest of the day enjoy free time in Arachova, travel to Delphi for accommodation
Day 5: travel to Hosios Loukas, visit Hosios Loukas monastery (UNESCO World Heritage), travel to Livadeia to see Livadeia medieval old town, travel to Thermopylae to see Thermopylae monument, travel to Kalampaka for accommodation
Day 6: travel to Meteora, visit Meteora monastery (UNESCO World Heritage), travel to Kalampaka for accommodation
Day 7: travel to Ioannina, visit Ioannina castle, visit Ioannina museum, travel to Dodoni to see Dodoni archaeological site (UNESCO tentative list), return to Igoumenitsa
- What To ExpectWe, at Monterrasol Travel, practice the Slow Tourism concept. That means that we work our tours at a pace that allows to our clients have a more authentic experience and a true exploring of each destination that features in our itineraries.
We dismiss the stress, the rush, the tight schedules and the crazy running from a spot to another of fast traveling, specially linked to bus travel package tours for large groups (charter bus trips).
Our philosophy is to accept a slow pace as the norm for undertaking leisure travel activities that feature in our catalog. Only that way you will see beyond tourism and start to have a real traveler experience instead of a plain touristic one.
We want to provide to our clients a more authentic side of the destinations we promote, with a centralized focus on the culture, architecture, history, art and nature that will allow to our clients truly discover and feel each visited place, in a relaxed way, having time to enjoy each impressive site that is in front of their eyes and calmly enjoy the surroundings and vibe.
In our company, the objective is that our clients find real and authentic situations during our travels. The goal is to get to know the real side of a destination. The key here is to understand that faster is not always better, especially related to travel.
Far from the frantic rhythm of mass tourism, Monterrasol Travel provides you a different and high-quality travel experience. So slow down to take time to enjoy more!
With us you will discover hidden spots far from the beaten tracks that touristic buses would usually take you to.
You will see that selecting us as your travel companion you will have a totally different perspective choosing the quality of the travelling experience over quantity.
- What Is Included- Transport with driver
- Transport in van with air conditioner
- Tour director all time with you
- Transportation for your group only, no foreigners
- Accommodation in 3-star hotels or pensions
- Accommodation in double rooms
- Accommodation with breakfast only
- English spoken driver and tour director
- What Is Not Included- Lunch and dinner
- Accommodation in single rooms
- Hotel tourist tax
- Professional tour guide
- Entry fees and tickets
- Flights tickets
- Ferry tickets
- Travel insurance
- Country visas
- Know Before You Go- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate.
- The maximum capacity of the tour is of 5 people per group.
- This tour requires minimum 2 people; the prices shown are for 2 people.
- This tour is available for solo travelers as well. Please contact us for details.
- We provide for this tour a special discount for pensioners (seniors citizens).
- This tour (same as the other tours we offer) is available in English and Spanish.
- Transfers- Pick up at any hotel or place, in or around Igoumenitsa, Greece.
- Your driver will take you back to the same as pick up or by your wish in another place of Igoumenitsa, Greece.
- Transportation is in minivan with air conditioner and English speaking driver. Feel free to ask to stop whenever you need, for nice image or some snack.