The Mardi Himal Trek is a short trek and newly opened route in the Annapurna region of Nepal .It is an excellent choice for those who love to trek in relatively un-spoiled and less crowded trekking region.Mardi Himal Trek provides an life time memoriable opportunity to explore magnificent and panoramic views of Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Mt Gangapurna, Mt Hiunchuli, the Annapurna South, Mt Machhapucchre (Fishtail), and Mardi Himal.One gets an opportunity to explore beautiful and numerous villages,terraced farms,verdurous forests anf beautiful landscapes.
- What Will You DoDay 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing and trek preparation
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 4: Pokhara to Kande and to Deurali (2,100 m)
Day 5: Deurali to Forest Camp (2,550 m)
Day 6: Forest Camp to High Camp (3,700 m)
Day 7: Trek to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4,500 m)
Day 8: High Camp to Siding (1,700 mt)
Day 9: Siding to Pokhara
Day 10: Pokhara free day
Day 11: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 12: Departure
- What To ExpectMardi Himal is a less traveled route located in the most visited destination Annapurna region. It is best to experience the brilliance of solitary ever snowcapped peaks and the great opportunity of an excellent cultural experience and venture of Machhapuchhare Basecamp. The exotic and interesting trail wanders through lush valleys, alpine meadows, lichen-laden dense forests, numerous streams, and waterfalls, with the fascinating mountain sceneries glossy upon the close horizon. The path is so less used and non-touristy that you feel like embarking upon a discovery expedition.
The Mardi Himal Trekking trail starts from the very beautiful city Pokhara with boating in Phewa Lake and enjoying the views. It goes through the pine, juniper and rhododendron forest and the Rivers. The route takes us to steeply down to the upper Mardi Khola. The journey of Mardi Himal Trekking ascends through the forest and actuality wildlife. Mardi Himal trekking offers superb Himalayan scenery including the Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna Ranges, and Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Fishtail (Machhapuchhare) etc.
Hiking on this route will give you a great place to get a taste of the real thing if you are light on alpine experience. The climbing trip can be combined with a trekking adventure in the remote steep-sided valleys heavily wooded with bamboo and rhododendron. Above the forest, high alpine pastures provide good grazing and undisturbed habitat for wildlife. It's prominence on the wilderness zone of mountains designed to provide outstanding mountain views and to get away from the tea-house trails and into the forests and villages that have not felt the impact of tourism.
- What Is IncludedPickups and drops from hotels and airport
Accommodations in 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara and teahouses during the trek
Breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara. All meals during the trek
An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP, TIMS )
A comprehensive medical kit
All government and local taxes
- What Is Not IncludedNepalese visa fee
International airfare to and from Kathmandu
Excess baggage charges
Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Travel and rescue insurance
Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
Tips for guides and porters
- TransfersTribhuvan International Airport