The tour begins in Plaza Catalunya (by the Hard Rock Café). Upon arrival, you will be assigned to your local English-speaking guide and meet the rest of the group – maximum 16 people!
Located just one hour away from central Barcelona, Montserrat is considered to be the most important mountain in Catalonia. A unique massif famous for its spirituality, its gothic shapes and beautiful views, also ideal for all sort of treks and climbing.
The guided tour consists of an extended visit throughout the Basilica and Monastery, after which you will have time to explore the site on your own. There are many activities to choose from – you may want to explore the monastery further, visit the museum, make your way to the holy cave, ride a funicular to the top of the mountain, or shop in the Farmer’s Market. At the end of the visit you will have the opportunity to listen to l’Escolania de Montserrat, the oldest Boys’ Choir in Europe.
After Montserrat, we head to the grounds of Oller del Mas, one of the most important and beautiful wineries in the region. After a short half an hour drive we will make a stop at Oller del Mas restaurant where you will be served a fabulous multi-course local meal accompanied by regional wine. Believe us, this is by no means your typical “tour food”! It is our challenge to thrill all our clients with and unforgettable feast.
In the afternoon, our expert guides will be in charge of the visit to the cellar. Oller del Mas is not a common winery – its superb ecological wines have earned plenty of awards in the recent years. In fact, one of its wines has recently become one of the five “vi de finca”, the highest recognition for wines in Spain. But the cellar is not only special for its wines. Located in an impressive castle that dates back to over a thousand years ago, some of its walls still are 10th century originals. You will take a stroll by the vineyards, learn how the wine is made, and discover all of its secrets.
Last but not least comes the wine tasting, where you will taste three ecological wines. It does not matter if you have been to a hundred tastings before or if this is your first one – your guide will provide you with a few valuable hints that will surely impress your acquaintances back home.
– Meet us at Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Café) – look for the pink umbrellas!
– The tour departs at 8:45 am – meet strictly at 8:30 am.
– Our tours depart on time to avoid delays. Please note that late shows or no shows are not refunded.
– Usually group size is maximum 16 people, although we reserve the right to extend the limit to 18.
– Transportation will be shared with other groups.
– If you have reduced mobility, contact us before booking. We’ll do our best to welcome you on board!
– Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
– Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly.
– Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
– We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions.
- What Will You Do8:30 AM- Meet at Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Café)
8:45 AM - Tour departure
10:00 AM - Guided tour and free time at Montserrat
1:00 PM - L’Escolania (Boys’ Choir) performance
1:35 PM - Departure for Oller del Mas winery
2:15 PM - Multi-course local meal at Oller del Mas restaurant
4:00 PM - Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
5:00 PM - Wine tasting (3 ecological wines)
6:00 PM - Departure for Barcelona
7:00 – 7:30 PM - Arrival to Barcelona**
* L’Escolania does not sing on Saturdays and several dates throughout the year. On Sundays they perform at 12 PM.
** Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1h – 1h30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
- What To Expect- Enjoy a fantastic guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time to explore Montserrat: choose from museum, Sant Joan funicular, Farmer’s Market
- See “La Moreneta”, Montserrat’s black Madonna
- Attend the Boys’ Choir performance (l’Escolania)*
- Relax while enjoying a delicious multi-course homemade Spanish meal with local wine
- Explore Oller del Mas winery, a former 10th century medieval castle
- Get an introduction to wine tasting
- Taste three ecological wines
*Please note that l’Escolania does not sing on Saturdays and several dates throughout the year.
- What Is Included- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English speaking-guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time at Montserrat (around 2 hours)
- Multi-course local meal with wine
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Three ecological wine tasting
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available)
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Tips and gratuities