Your jeep tour will start at 9 o’clock, when we’ll pick you up in your accommodation. Then we’ll go beyond the tourist spots to an almost undiscovered Algarve with traditional hill top villages, agricultural landscape and vestiges of moorish influence.
After crossing streams, we will arrive at the old village of Alte, where it seems like the time has stopped. You’ll have the opportunity to swim in a crystal clear water spring, unknown to most tourists in Algarve. Later on the tour continues up the hills, and you’ll learn all about the giant local cork industry. From the highest point of Rocha da Pena you will experience one of the most impressive views of the Algarve.
At lunchtime you will have a taste on the traditional Algarvian cuisine while enjoying lunch with local wines at a rural restaurant. Take the chance to sample the local traditional liquors and fire water. This trip will create a special atmosphere taking you to our roots, traditions and history.
As we will be responsible for lunch, if you have food intolerances please let us know after booking. Also, you must alert us if you are vegan when you do the booking, otherwise the restaurant can charge extra.
- What Will You Do- Tour the countryside of the Algarve in a comfortable Land Rover guided by our experienced staff
- Swim in a crystal clear water spring away from the urban centers
- Have a generous typical lunch with drinks
- Learn all about cork and its history in the region
- Taste local traditional liquors and fire water
- What Is Included- Jeep tour with a multilingual driver
- Liquors, fire water and honey tasting
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
- What Is Not Included- Picking fruit from the trees
- TransfersIncluded in the price. We do have pick ups in all hotels in the areas between Armação de Pera and Vilamoura, free of charge.
The time and place for the transfer is combined after the booking moment. We dont do pick up at private locations.