Listing ID: 29751
Faro: 2-Hour Boat Tour In Ria Formosa For Bird Watching
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
An ecotourism experience in the Algarve through Ria Formosa on board a boat with departures from Faro.
In the company of a nature tour guide, on this boat trip you will discover why Ria Formosa was elected one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal. And because the birds are one of the highlights of this Park they deserve special attention.
Considered one of the most important wetlands for aquatic birds in Portugal, during the tour we observe birds like the White Stork (Ciconia ciconia), Little Egret (Egretta garzetta) and the Spoonbill (Platalea leucorodia).
Waders are most abundant especially during winter, although birds like the Whimbrel (Numenius phaeopus), the Turnstone (Arenaria interpres) and the Grey Plover (Pluvialis squatarola) are a constant presence. The trip continues towards the islands of the Natural Park through oyster and clams farms.
Here you will have the opportunity to see one of the most important economical activities in the Algarve and also very interesting species such as the Black-tailed Godwit (Limosa limosa), the Oystercatcher (Haematopus ostralegus) and many others.
Towards the point where the lagoon meets the sea, we make a stop so you may enjoy this small paradise. This is an important reproduction area for the Little Tern (Sterna albifrons) and the Kentish Plover (Charadrius alexandrinus). During wintertime we often observe the Sandwich Tern (Sterna sandvicensis) and the Greater Flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus).
During our trip back we will have many opportunities to observe other species while our boat sails calmly through the channels of this Natural Park in direction to the city of Faro.
- What Will You Do- Embark on an ecotourism experience in Ria Formosa
- Watch many different bird species that migrate to this region every year
- Get to know the fantastic nature system of the Algarve
- What Is Included- 2-hour boat trip (includes a stop of 15 to 20 minutes in a deserted beach)
- Use of binoculars
- Life vests
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Know Before You Go- Bring plenty of water to drink to avoid dehydration.
- A rucksack or backpack is recommended to carry a small snack, sunglasses, hat, a good sun cream and a camera.
- Comfortable clothing and flat shoes recommended. A wind-stopper and a waterproof coat are useful, specially during the coldest period of the year.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your skipper, especially those relating to safety issues