Day tour to Plitvice Lakes is a fully private day tour to the most popular and most visited national park in Croatia. It starts in the morning in Zagreb when a driver picks you up at your hotel/accommodation. First stop on this tour is a small village Rastoke. Here you will have time for a short coffee break, taking photos and sightseeing. This small village is usually called “Little Plitvice” because two rivers are joined together with beutiful waterfalls. In legends fairies would come to the village. Let’s see it that’s true 🙂
After the short break we continue to Plitvice lakes. a Tour includes sightseeing of Upper and Lower Lakes, sailing the biggest Lake Kozjak by an electric boat and driving with a tour train. The park is actually 16 blue, green and turqoise lakes connected with big and small waterfalls. he Park is a part of the Dinara Karst area which is characterized by carbonate bedrock, numerous karst forms and the rare occurrence of surface flows. The vast amount of water and lake creation in such areas is a unique and precious sight.
You will recharge our energy at the next stop – at a local dairy farm where you can taste many varieties of domestic cheese. Just to add that one of their cheeses were awarded a Mediterranean champion.
The last location to visit on the way back to Zagreb is the Croatian Independence War Museum in Karlovac where you can hear a bit about recent Croatian histzory.
- What Will You Do1. Sightseeing of Rastoke millers village.
2. Coffee break at the village.
3. Plitvice Lakes National park sightseeing with boat and train ride.
4. Cheese and homemade products tasting at a local dairy farm.
5. Visit to a Homeland open air war museum.
- What To Expect- Great day in the outdoors.
- Beautiful protected nature.
- Getting to know the region, people and tradition.
- Tasting of delicious Croatian food.
- Revitalized energy.
- Screensaver worth photos.
- What Is Included- Private car/van transfer.
- Private guide.
- What Is Not Included- Cheese tasting.
- Admission tickets.
- Coffee break.