In this tour, we will explore the Seven Cities as well their lakes from the viewpoint of Vista do Rei, which offers us a panoramic. From where we can observe the green and blue of the lake surrounded by a extensive green area and beautiful, steep slopes covered with trees and flowers.
Also worthy of mention are the traditional houses, some of which are still to be found on the top floor, to the Church of St. Nicholas and to the house of the heirs of Caetano de Andrade.
Also included in this tour are stops of great tourist interest such as the Santiago Lake surrounded by green mountainous escarpments, full of richness and different species of fauna and flora, this lake occupies a volcanic crater, well visible through the Miradouro of the lake Canário, a place of equal beauty and through which you can see an endless number of green spaces.
Then, visit to the Historic Center of the city of Ribeira Grande, you can taste some traditional liqueurs. This tour includes a visit to the natural park of Caldeira Velha, this place offers a relaxing walk having direct contact with nature. There are two pools of water, whose temperatures vary between 25° and the 39º.
And them we will visit the Lagoa do Fogo, a crater lake, in the center of the island of São Miguel, this is the highest lake located on the island, the region is protected by governmental regulation that does not permit the construction around the lake.
- What To Expect- Pick up in the Hotel or in the city center;
- Carvão viewpoint (you can see the north and south side of the island);
- Canário lake, a small lake surrounded by untouched vegetation;
- Vista do Rei viewpoint (one of the most famous);
- Santiago lake (small vulcano crater);
- Village of Sete-Cidades;
- Escalvado or Ferraria viewpoint;
- Visit Lagoa do Fogo and all its beautiful surroundings;
- Enjoy a relaxing drive along the south coast of the island of São Miguel;
- Visit to the Historic Center of the city of Ribeira Grande;
- Drop off at the hotel or in the City Center.
- What Is Included- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off