This short Everest base camp trek also offer the best view of Mount Everest although other attractions like Kala Patthar (5,545m), Sagarmatha National Park, view of three additional towering peaks (Mt Makalu, Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Cho Oyu) as well as trekkers can explore the unique cultural of Sherpa along the Short Everest Base camp Trek. Namche Bazaar, Phakding, Tengboche and Dingboche are also the main attraction of this short Everest base camp Trek.
Summery of Short Everest base camp trek
The trek begins with a 30-45 min scenic flight to Lukla in the Khumbu Everest region. Walking pass the Sherpa settlements, you will enter the Sagarmatha National Park and Namche Bazaar, the commercial and trading center in the Khumbu region. You will also trek to Kalapathar, the highest point of the trek which has the most magnificent view of Mt. Everest. You will retrace the EBC trekking trail back to the Lukla airport and fly out to Kathmandu.
- What Will You DoDay 01: Kathmandu – Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,562m, 35 min flight, 8 km, 3-4 hrs)
Day 02: Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3,440 m, 10 km, 5-6 hrs treks)
Day 03: Namche Bazzar - Tengboche (3,870m, 10km, 5-6 hrs)
Day 04: Tengboche - Dingboche (4,360m, 5-6 hrs, 8km)
Day 05: Dingboche – Lobuche (4,940m, 4-5 hrs, 7 km)
Day 06: Lobuche - Gorakshep (5,160m) - Everest Base Camp (5,364m) Gorakshep (7-8 hrs, 15 km)
Day 07: Gorakshep - Kala Patthar (5,545m) - Pheriche (4,280m, 15km, 7-8 hrs)
Day 08: Pheriche – Namche Bazaar (3,440m, 15km, 6-7 hrs)
Day 09: Namche Bazaar – Lukla (2,642m, 18km, 6-7 hrs)
Day 10: Lukla – Kathmandu (1,300m, 35 min flight)
- What To Expect1. Scenic mountain flight to Lukla.
2. Sherpa home town and learn their an amazing culture and tradition.
3. Amazing view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, and many more.
4. Tengboche Monastery
5. Trek to Kalapathar.
- What Is Included- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private vehicle.
- Two-night hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Your entire stander Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek, A Cup of Tea/ Coffe During the Breakfast.
- Seasonal Fruits.
- Tea House hotel accommodation during the trek. Attached bathroom Namche and Lukla.
- A highly experienced, helpful and friendly government license holder Guide, his food, accommodations, salary, insurance, equipment, and medicine.
- Round Trip flight fare Kathmandu - Lukla-Kathmandu for member and Guide.
- Kathmandu & domestic airport taxes in Kathmandu and Lukla airport for Group and crews.
- Medical supplies, first aid kit box, including Oximeter and pulse meter checker.
- An arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company). If in case.
- Sleeping bag, down Jacket, Duffel bag and walking Poles (if you don’t have your own, To be returned after trip completed).
- Sagarmatha National Park permits.
- Trekking route map.
- TIMS (trekkers’ information management System.)
- All ground transportation.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expanse.
- What Is Not Included- Your travel insurance. (Compulsory)
- International air fare.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Extra hotel night in Kathmandu.
- Activities in Kathmandu.
- Porter carrier if you need (200 USD ) per perter.