From Lisbon, travel to the city of Sintra and discover the first “cultural landscape” to be inscribed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. There are many sites to admire in Sintra and the one we recommend the most is the unique and absolutely fantastic Pena Palace.
In this tour, we will visit the Pena Palace, majestically located at the top of the Sintra Mountain, and the perfect example of Romantic architecture in Portugal. This Palace is a totally exotic and exuberant place, with facades of strong and fascinating colors! Its Park has more than 200 hectares of pure art, composed of many gardens, ponds, bridges, and fountains.
After this visit, we will go to the historic center of Sintra, to explore the narrow streets and take the chance to taste the famous queijadas and travesseiros – delicious! But this gastronomical experience does not end here because you can choose to include a typical lunch in a restaurant, in Sintra.
After lunchtime, stop at Roca Cape – the westernmost point of Continental Europe. Travel along the Atlantic coast to Cascais, passing by the Guincho Beach and Boca do Inferno (in English: Hell’s Mouth). Cascais is a village known for its closeness and intrinsic connection to the sea and the ocean. There, we will have time to visit the Guincho Beach, a popular beach for surf fans.
On the way back to Lisbon, enjoy the panoramic views of the Casino Estoril, one of Europe’s biggest casinos.
Please be aware that some tours include Walking Tours. We kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and come prepared for some walking.
- What Will You Do- The Pena Palace is a must-see site (visit and entrance fee included)
- The historic center of Sintra was classified as World Heritage (free time and lunch - optional)
- The Cape Roca is the westernmost point of Continental Europe
- Boca do Inferno (Hell's Mouth)
- Cascais and Estoril (panoramic) are known for its amazing climate and connections to the sun and the beach
- What Is Included- Transport and guided visit
- Pena Palace: ticket and guided visit
- Transfer from the Pena Park to the Pena Palace
- Pick-up at selected hotels in central Lisbon (under request)
- Lunch in Sintra
- What Is Not Included- Hotel drop off
- Food, Drinks (unless specified) and Personal Expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- TransfersPick ups are made before the beginning of the tour
Hotel pick-up at central Hotels in Lisbon
Hotels in Estoril and Cascais – 8€ per person
Drop off in Lisbon’s city center