Upon arrival to our meeting point, you will be introduced to your local guide and the rest of the group. When everyone is set, we will depart to Montserrat Monastery, located an hour away from central Barcelona.
Montserrat is a unique mountain in the world, certainly worth a visit if you are in Barcelona. It is considered to be the cornerstone of the Catalan culture, history, nature, and spirituality. Your guide will provide plenty of information about it all during the guided visit. You will see the atrium, where many events of the country’s history are depicted; the Basilica, inside of which sits the Black Madonna, and its outstanding façade. You will also see the 15th century cloister and Santa Maria square.
At the end of the guided visit you will have some free time (around half an hour) to browse the Monastery’s souvenir shop, get a cup of coffee, discover local cheese and honey from Farmer’s Market, or soak in the magnificent views of the famous Stairway to Heaven.
After Montserrat, we head to the grounds Oller del Mas, located at the feet of Montserrat. The drive from the monastery offers wonderful views of the mountain and the region – make sure not to miss them!
Oller del Mas is one of the most important wineries in Catalonia, having recently earned the “vi de finca”, the highest distinction for Spanish wines, and the “Best Wine Experience” award in 2016. This ecological cellar is located in a 10th-century castle, which you will be exclusively allowed to explore with your guide. During the wine tour you will visit the vineyards, the barrels room, and the wine production area.
The wine tasting will take place at the end of the visit. You will be able to sample three ecological wines paired with a tasty cold tapas lunch with dessert. We cater for any special dietary requirements such as vegetarian or gluten-free diets. Your guide will ask you about it at the beginning of the tour.
- What Will You Do09:45 am Meet at Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Café)
10:00 am Departure for Montserrat Monastery
11:30 am Guided visit through Montserrat Monastery
12:20 pm Free time at Montserrat (around 1 hour)
1:20 pm Meet your tour guide again
1:30 pm Departure for the winery
2:00 pm Guided visit through the vineyards and the cellar
2:45 pm Wine tasting (3 local wines) and tapas lunch
3:45 pm Departure for Barcelona*
5:00 - 5:30 pm Arrival to Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Café)
*Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
- What To Expect- Discover the amazing mountain and monastery of Montserrat in a small group
- Browse the souvenir shop and the Farmer’s Market
- Explore the grounds of a family-run winery
- Stroll through the vineyards and the cellar
- Sample three local château wines
- Enjoy a delicious local tapas lunch
- What Is Included- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery (1 hour)
- Guided visit through a boutique winery, vineyards and cellar
- Three local wine tasting
- Tapas lunch with dessert
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available)
*Please note that the free time during this tour does not allow enough time to visit the Museum of Montserrat, touch the Black Madonna, or ride the funicular. Check our full-day Montserrat, Food & Wine Tour if you are interested in these activities.
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Know Before You Go- Usually group size is maximum 16 people per guide, although we reserve the right to extend the limit to 18.
- Transportation will be shared with other groups.
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify itinerary if considered necessary.
- We work daily with different low-production, family-owned boutique wineries. Due to logistic reasons, you might visit another cellar instead of Oller del Mas.
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify the order of the sites visited if considered necessary.
- If you have reduced mobility, contact us before booking. We’ll do our best to welcome you on board!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly. We recommend to bring a bottle of water, especially in summer season.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions.