After pick up at the accommodation in Albufeira we take you to a unique opportunity to visit the winery that produces Sir Cliff Richard’s wine. This is a very special and exclusive tour for wine lovers by some of the most famous wine farms from the Algarve, tasting the differences and the high quality from the best Algarvian red, white and syrah wines. Its also included a visit to a open air art gallery and a animal farm. All transportation by our comfortable minibus.
Because of its exceptional climate its soil and its south-facing location, the Algarve has what is known in specialist wine terminology as an excellent terroir for growing vines. For this reason, the Tartessians are thought to have been the first people to produce wine in the region in about 2000 B.C. They were followed by others, Phoenicians, Greeks, Celts and Romans, who brought Christianity to the Peninsula and introduced wine into the communion liturgy.
Portuguese wine is among the world’s famous wines and with this amazing tour you will be able to discover some of the hidden gems of traditional Algarvian wine. If you’re familiar with the Algarve, you’ll almost certainly know the major towns that lend their names to the region’s four wine DOCs (Denominação de Origem Controlada – the highest wine classification).
In recent years, the Algarve has seen a number of serious players bringing their wines to the International table. Fast becoming a novel tourist attraction for the region, many producers are not only marketing their wines, but are also promoting tours and tasting events. Quinta dos Vales is an excellent example of how an Algarve vineyard has combined art, lifestyle and accommodation with wine making, to appeal to a wider audience. The Quinta promotes its “unique parque experience” which includes wine tasting and tours.
- What Will You Do- Be part of a real Algarvian experience with successful wine producers
- Enjoy amazing guided tours along beautiful vineyards and “adegas”
- Taste award-winning wines
- Discover an unexpected open air art gallery
- Feel the nature combined with art
- Visit to the village of Porches and a world-known pottery
- Benefit from free hotel pick-up and drop off with local experienced driver/guide with air conditioning 9seater minibus.
- What Is Included- Wine tasting in two vineyards
- Guided tours
- Transport by comfortable minibus
- Pick up and drop off (between Vilamoura and Armação de Pera)
- Travel insurance
- What Is Not Included- Food
- Other drinks