We will drive towards Cadaval, 50km away from Lisbon city, between the ocean and the mountains, where the Quinta do Gradil is located. One of the oldest wine producers of the region and that holds some architectural assets framed in 120 hectares (296 acres) of vineyard. This estate belonged once to Marquis of Pombal, famous Portuguese statesman, its 18th century palace; the chapel of Saint Rita and the sandstone aqueduct are reminders of a recent past. In this historical environment and bucolic surrounding of the mountain we will invite you to discover the wines and gastronomy. The lunch The lunch will be served where once was the cereals storage building, now converted into a guest area. Afterwards we will drive to Torres Vedras where we will visit the Adega Mãe, which was born from an old passion of the company Ribeiralves ( a very well-known salted cod brand and distributor in Portugal): the wine. Adega Mãe is a ground breaking modern architectural project and bets strongly in producing wine and in wine tourism. In Pedro Mateus’, its architect, own words the concept: “is inspired in the surrounding landscape shaped by the wavy hills”. Honouring the surroundings and combining the purpose of the winery as infrastructure (optimized to produce 1.5 million litres of wine per year) a large rectangle with 75000m of width and 4500m of depth, was nestled on the hill east from estates entrance pathway. We will finish the visit with the tasting of the Atlantic Wines, made by 6 single varietal white wines. Close to Adega Mãe we will find Quinta de Sant’Ana, our last visit of the day. Placed by the western coast of Estremadura region, this estate maintains a balance of 3 projects, the high quality wine producing, a cuisine inspired in the best aromas of the region and rural tourism. Quinta de Sant’Ana is a blend of Portuguese, German and English cultures and mostly a place where one can relax, learn about the exiting world of wine and share authentic experiences. We will finish the day tasting 5 wines accompanied by local cheese. Return to the Hotel.
- What Will You DoGet ready to immerse yourself in an experience specially designed to take you on a journey through this unique wine region shaped by the ocean and the mountains.
Enjoy the scenic drive to uncover the amazing vineyards and winery of Quinta do Gradil, it’s 18th century palace, the chapel of Saint Rita and the sandstone aqueduct of the estate; the Montejunto Mountain range; the vineyards and he modern winery of Adega Mãe and vineyards , winery and facilities of Quinta de Sant’Ana. Learn all about the region, the wine and the people who make it.
- What To ExpectExperience not only the wines but also the history, the culture, the scenery and the people that make it's soul.
You will get to taste iconic wines from the region and also the local food.
The tour includes some walking and some of it on uneven terrain, therefore we recommend wearing comfortable shoes
On sunny days, high temperatures may occur, we recommend the use of sunscreen and/or head covering.
- What Is Included- Guide specialised in Wine Tourism and trainer in Wine Tasting (certified by WSET e IEFP)
- Local guide in each winery
- Transportation in a comfortable 7 seater van with air conditioned and WI-FI
- All winery visits on the program
- All local taxes
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities (optional)
- All things not included on the description
- Personal expenses such as shopping, food and beverages not included in the description
- TransfersAt your accommodation or preferred pick up location in Lisbon. Pick up in Costa do Estoril, Sintra or Cascais for an additional 5€.
Alternative location pick-up are possible. Additional fee may apply.