The first stop of this amazing wine and cava tour will be Finca Ca n’Estella, a small boutique winery built in the late 18th century in D.O. Penedès. Anna, the 3rd generation of winemakers in the state, will be happy to greet you upon arrival if she is not promoting their wines around the world. Their Clot dels Oms wines and their Rabellat i Vidal cavas have great international recognition and have been awarded with over a hundred national and international prizes in the last 10 years. In fact, their 2011 Chardonnay ranked amongst the ten best Chardonnay wines in the whole world – and sold out immediately after!
At Ca n’Estella we will make sure that you discover the secrets of the famous Catalan sparkling wine, with a wine-making process very similar to champagne. You will visit the production area, taste a delicious cava inside an old tank, and visit the private house. The cherry on top will be a visit to the cava, the underground “cave” where the wines are aged. During the visit, you will stop to taste their best three cavas paired with a delicious regional hot and cold tapas lunch. Please, make sure to let us know upon booking if you have any dietary restrictions!
After discovering the best cavas in D.O. Penedès, we will drive by the feet of Montserrat mountain towards our second destination in D.O. Pla de Bages – Oller del Mas Cellar. Located in a former medieval castle, this winery is focused on producing ecological wine, as the region has the perfect terroir for growing red grapes. There has been a wine-making tradition in this property for almost a thousand years, which had to be interrupted for half a century due to a devastating plague. The current owner, Frank, along with his father, restarted the tradition of wine-making. Just like in Ca N’Estella, there is plenty of history in the property and in the family who has been running it for over a thousand years.
Finally, you will get to taste three ecological wines of the estate as well as an artisanal cheese platter. An excellent way to put an end to an unforgettable wine experience in Barcelona.
– The tour departs at 12:30 PM – meet strictly at 12:15 PM.
– Our tours depart on time to avoid delays. Please note that late shows or no shows are not refunded.
– Usually group size is maximum 16 people, although we reserve the right to extend the limit to 18.
– Transportation will be shared with other groups.
– Please note that we reserve the right to modify the order of the sites visited if considered necessary.
– If you have reduced mobility, contact us before booking. We’ll do our best to welcome you on board!
– Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
– Temperatures in the countryside tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly.
– Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
– If you have any dietary restriction, please let us know upon booking.
- What Will You Do12:30 PM - Tour departure
1:15 PM - Welcome drink at Finca Ca n’Estella. Guided visit to cellar and private house
2:15 PM - Tapas lunch at with cava tasting
3:15 PM - Departure for Oller del Mas Castle
4:00 PM - Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
5:00 PM - Wine tasting (3 ecological wines) and cheese platter
6:00 PM - Departure for Barcelona
7:00 – 7:30 PM - Arrival to Barcelona*
* Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
- What To Expect- Visit Ca n’Estella, a boutique backroad cava winery in DO Penedès
- Taste a glass of cava in an old wine tank
- Enjoy three cavas with international awards
- Explore the grounds of Oller del Mas, a 10th century castle
- Visit the vineyards, castle, and cellar
- Sample three ecological wines
- Learn about how wine and cava are made during the cellar tours
- Best local food: traditional tapas and artisanal cheese
- What Is Included- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking guide
- Guided visit at Ca n’Estella cava cellar and private house
- Three Rabellat i Vidal cava tasting
- Regional tapas lunch
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, castle, and cellar
- Three ecological wine tasting and cheese platter (3 artisanal cheese slices)
- Possibility to purchase wine at both cellars (shipping available)
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Tips and gratuities