The Albania Agri-Tourism and Farm Life tour is designed to help you get in touch with local farmers and, more importantly, the delicious farm-to-table culinary experience that they provide.
We will visit Fishtë Village, the birth place of the famous Albanian writer Gjergj Fishta, and sample the delicious food of the surrounding Lezha region.
We will continue to picturesque Puka where we will sip locally brewed beer while nestled among the soaring mountains surrounding Valbona Valley.
The grand finale will be a visit to the 2400-year-old city of Berat where we will enjoy fine dining in a locally-sourced family restaurant.
- What Will You DoDay 1. Airport - Tirana
After being picked up at the airport, we will visit the center of Tirana, the Ethem Bey Mosque, and a few other landmarks. We will then return to our hotel where we will spend the night.
Day 2. Tirana – Lezhe – Fishte – Puke
We visit the city of Lezhe and the memorial grave of Scanderbeg. Lunch will be served in the agritourist center of Fishte.
Day 3. Puke – Koman – Fierze – Valbone
We travel by local minibus from Puka to Koman. From there, we will take a boat to Fierza.
Day 4: Valbone – Rrogam – Valbone
We travel with a local minibus until Kukaj village. From there we start walking to Rragam village and the Valbona waterfall.
Day 5. Valbone – Shoshan – Tropojë Village We travel to Tropoja Village. From there, we will begin walking from Shoshan to Katund i Paqes. On our way we will learn about the traditions, history and culture of these villages.
Day 6. Tropojë village – Prizren (Kosovo) – Doda Castle
We will cross the border to Kosovo where we will visit the historic city of Prizren. There, we will visit the Memorial of the Albanian League, Sinan Pasha’s Mosque, the Serbian Orthodox Church, and more.
Day 7. Doda Castle – Kukes – Rubik
We'll walk through the village of Kala e Dodes under the shadow of Korabi Mountain, which is the highest in Albania, while we learn more about the culture and the traditions of this region. Lunch will be in the form of a picnic in the meadows near the village.
Day 8. Rubik – Kruje – Marikaj – Berat
We visit the castle of Kruja and the Scanderbeg Museum housed within the castle itself. Lunch will be at the Hajdar Kuqi farm in Marikaj. We drive to the city of Berat (UNESCO) where we will visit the castle of Berat and the “Onufri” museum in the castle.
Day 9. Berat – Belsh – Elbasan – Ibe
We will visit some interesting destinations in the Belsh and Dumrea regions. In Elbasan we visit the castle of Elbasan and the St. Maria Church. We will continue on to Ibe, a village near Tirana. Dinner and accommodation in the Kame Resort in the village.
Day 10. Ibë – Tirana – Airport
We will either take a walk to the spring of the Erzeni River, or walk around the city of Tirana. After this, we will transfer to the airport where our tour will end.
- What To Expect- Taste the local products of Northern Albania.
- Experience the true farm life of Albania.
- Visit Berat, the city of one thousand windows.
- Relax and enjoy folk music in Valbona Valley
- What Is Included- Accommodation for 8 nights, in hotels and guest houses, BB
- 5 lunches with traditional dishes
- 7 dinners in hotels or guesthouses
- English speaking guide for 10 days
- Local guide for two days
- Transportation with local minibuses
- Transfers with minibuses, airport – hotel
- Transportation by minibus
- Driver’s food and board for 10 days
- Entrance tickets in museums and historical centers
- Tickets for the ferry Koman – Fierze
- Assistance from our agency
- What Is Not Included- 110 euro per single supplement
- Everything that is not mentioned above
- Gratuities (optional)