Explore the culture of Balkan by traveling in Albania, Greece, Macedonia and Kosovo and you will discover 4 different cultures that have influenced one another, yet unique. In this tour you will discover some of the most attractive UNESCO sites in region and visit the most beautiful cultural attractions selected for you.
These are “sites of outstanding cultural or natural value to humanity and are worthy of protection for future generations to know and enjoy.
- What Will You DoDay 1: Tirana – Kruja – Marikaj – Tirana If the group lands in Albania early in the morning then we travel directly to the city of Kruja to visit the castle and Scanderbeg Museum. Free time in the afternoon in Tirana. Dinner on group expenses.Overnight: Tirana
Day 2: Tirana – Durrës – Berat On our way to Berat our first stop will be in the historical city of Durres where we will take a guided walk through the town centre, fWe continue traveling to Berat, a UNESCO Heritage Site.
Day 3. Berat – Ardenice – Gjirokastër – Sarandë Breakfast in Berat. Today we travel to the monastery of Ardenica to visit the beautifully preserved Saint Mary Church with frescoes dating since 1744.
Day 4. Saranda – Butrint – Saranda Today we travel to Butrinti in Albania and visit the UNESCO archeological site.
Day 5. Saranda – Kalambaka Breakfast in Saranda. In the morning we head to Greece .
Day 6. Kalambaka – Meteora – Kalambaka Kalambaka was burned to the ground by the Nazis in World War II, but it is a modern city nowadays.
Day 7. Kalambaka – Niki – Heraklea – Ohrid Today we travel toward Heraklea archeological site near Bitola, Macedonia.
Day 8: Ohrid – Saint Naum – Ohrid Breakfast: Ohrid. Today with the assistance of the local guide we will visit Samuel castle, Saint John Caneo, the amphitheater etc.
Day 9: Ohrid – Kavadartsi – Skopje Breakfast in Ohrid. Today we drive to Kavadartsi in to visit one of the most important and well known wineries in Balkan, Tikvesh Winery.
Day 10: Skopje – Brezovica – Prizren Breakfast in Skopje. Today we travel to Prizren. Prizren is one of the few cities in Kosovo to have 3 religious communities cohabiting together (Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim). Dinner on group expenses in Prizren.Overnight: Prizren
Day 11: Prizren – Prekaz – Prishtina Today we head to Prishtina, the capital of Kosovo. One of the first sites we visit is Prekaz village from where the war of Kosovo started in 1999. The afternoon is free to be enjoyed at group leisure.Overnight: Prishtina
Day 12: Prishtina – Rugovë – Pejë Breakfast in Prishtina. Next we travel to Peja and visit an important religious site for the Serbian people, the Peja Patriarchate.
Day 13. Peja – Deçan – Gjakova – Valbona (AL) We start driving today toward Visoki Deçani to visit this 14-century Monastery (UNESCO) built by the Serbian King Stefan Urosh III.
Day 14: Valbonë – Koman Lake – Shkoder Today we travel to Fierza to take a boat tour through Koman Lake.Overnight: Shkodër
Day 15: Shkoder – Kotor – Podgoricë Today we travel to Kotor, today to visit the UNESCO Town. After the lunch and the visit we drive to Podgorica Airport. End of the program
- What To Expect- Visit 4 UNESCO sites in Albania and Macedonia
- Get captivated by nature beauty and monasteries in Meteora, Greece
- Learn more about St.Naum history in Ohrid, Macedonia
- Throw back in time visiting the Ottoman Bazaar and Mosque in Gjakova, Kosovo.
- What Is Included- Accommodation in a 3, 4, 5 star hotel, bb services, 14 nights.
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Transportation for 15 days
- Tour guide in the English language: for 15 days
- Local Guides in: Meteora, Ohrid, Skopje, Kotor
- Museum and archeological center tickets
- Assistance by Sondor Travel
- What Is Not Included- 150 euro per single supplement
- Everything else that is not mentioned above.