Visit Bosnia-Herzegovina medieval land and see old towns, fortresses and monasteries. Think of this tour as a good example of off the beaten path travel, out of touristy areas, and safer to take in the current situation.
During this tour we going to visit medieval old town Jajce and its fortress, historical center of town Mostar (UNESCO site) and stay on famous Mostar bridge, will walk in medieval fortresses Vranduk, Maglaj, Doboj and Tesanj, visit calm sunny town Trebinje, silent Tvrdos monastery and Zavala monastery, refresh in Vjetrenica natural cave, walk in streets of fortified town Pocitelj, enjoy Stolac hilly fortress, wonder on beauty of Kravica waterfalls and pass the beauty of Bosnia-Herzegovina nature all days. And of course walk streets of multicultural Sarajevo.
This tour starts and finishes in Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and will take 17 days (16 nights). Planned distance of this tour is 1293 km. Overall, with this tour you will visit 2 UNESCO World Heritage sites and 1 site from the UNESCO Tentative List (sites that were submitted to the World Heritage Committee, and are awaiting to consider for nomination, and therefore suitable for inscription on the World Heritage List).
We practice the Slow Tourism philosophy. That means that we work our tours at a pace that allows our clients to have a more authentic experience and a true exploration of each destination we visit. We dismiss the stress, the rush, the tight schedules and the crazy running from spot to spot, specially related to bus travel package tours for large groups.
We accept 5 people maximum for this tour.
This tour is available whole year round.
The provided prices are valid when 2 people take the tour and share one double or twin room. If you think to order this tour for more people, please contact us.
This tour is available for solo travelers as well. Please contact us for details.
We provide for this tour a special discount for pensioners (seniors citizens).
This tour (same as the other tours we offer) is available in English and Spanish. Disponible en Español.
- What Will You DoThis tour starts and finishes in Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina).
Day 1: Srebrenik fortress, Doboj fortress, Doboj free time; accommodation in Doboj
Day 2: Maglaj fortress, Doboj museum, Doboj free time; accommodation in Doboj
Day 3: Tesanj castle, Jajce historical center, Jajce free time; accommodation in Jajce
Day 4: Jajce castle, Banja Luka cathedral, Banja Luka free time; accommodation in Banja Luka
Day 5: Banja Luka fortress, Banja Luka historical center, Banja Luka free time; accommodation in Banja Luka
Day 6: Etno Muzej Ljubacke Doline ethno, Kljuc free time; accommodation in Kljuc
Day 7: Kljuc fortress, Jajce historical center, Jajce free time; accommodation in Jajce
Day 8: Jajce fortress, Jajce waterfall, Jajce free time; accommodation in Jajce
Day 9: Scit monastery, Mostar historical center (UNESCO World Heritage site), Mostar free time; accommodation in Mostar
Day 10: Medjugorje pilgrimage center, Kravica waterfall, Počitelj medieval old town, Mostar free time; accommodation in Mostar
Day 11: Blagaj monastery, Blagaj historical center, Mostar free time; accommodation in Mostar
Day 12: Radimlja archaeological site (UNESCO World Heritage site), Stolac fortress, Vjetrenica cave (UNESCO tentative list site), Zavala monastery; accommodation in Trebinje
Day 13: Tvrdos monastery, Trebinje cathedral, Trebinje winery, Trebinje free time; accommodation in Trebinje
Day 14: Dobricevo monastery, Sarajevo historical center, Sarajevo cathedral, Sarajevo free time; accommodation in Sarajevo
Day 15: Sarajevo fortress, Sarajevo free time; accommodation in Sarajevo
Day 16: Kraljeva Sutjeska monastery, Bobovac medieval old town, Zenica historical center, Zenica free time; accommodation in Zenica
Day 17: Zenica museum, Vranduk fortress; return to Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Planned distance of this tour: 1293 km.
- What Is Included- Transport with driver
- Transport in van with air conditioner
- Tour director all time with you
- Transportation for your group only, no foreigners
- Accommodation in *** hotels or pensions
- Accommodation in double rooms
- Accommodation with breakfast only
- Accommodation always with internet (provided by property)
- English spoken driver and tour director
- What Is Not Included- Lunch and dinner
- Accommodation in single rooms
- Hotel tourist tax
- Professional local tour guide
- Entry fees and tickets
- Flights tickets
- Ferry tickets
- Travel insurance
- Country visas
- Know Before You Go- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate.
- The maximum capacity of the tour is 5 people per group.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people; the prices shown are for 2 people.
- This tour is available for solo travelers as well. Please contact us for details.
- We provide for this tour a special discount for pensioners (seniors citizens).
- This tour (same as the other tours we offer) is available in English and Spanish.
- During the tour is included breakfast only. As a rule, we are going to stay in each place of accommodation only 1 night, so it makes no sense to pay there for lunch and dinner. Instead of that, let's enjoy local cuisine.
- Transportation is in a minivan with air conditioner and English speaking driver. Feel free to ask to stop whenever you need, for a nice image or some snack.
- Transfers- We will pick you up at any hotel or place, in or around Tuzla.
- Drop off is the same as pick up, or upon request in another place.
- Transportation in a minivan with air conditioner and English speaking driver.
- Feel free to ask to stop whenever you need, for a nice view, photo op or a snack.