According to your Private tour pick-up time meet with your guide and drive to Ancient Ephesus, An Archeological treasure, The best-preserved classical city in Eastern Mediterranean. During the 1C AD, Ephesus was the second-largest city on the planet after Rome with more than 250.000 citizens.
It was in the center of the known world and played the role of a gateway between the East and the West. With its giant harbor, it was also the center of trading in antiquity. It was not only a rich commercial city but also an impressive city that even Mark Anthony and Cleopatra spent their honeymoon in Ephesus.
It is also home to one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Temple of Artemis. Ephesus is also well preserved that, walking on the ancient streets among the beautiful monuments such as the third largest library of the ancient world or the largest roman theatre on the Asia continent, gives you the feeling of a time traveler.
Next; House of Virgin Mary: Located 6km to the north of the ruins of Ephesus, a church was built from 6C AD to the top of the foundations of a house from 1C AD and it is declared by the church to be the final house where Mary spent her last days. Also, it is believed that the Assumption took place there on the 15th of August.
After lunch at a local restaurant continue on to St John Basilica 3 km away from the ruins of Ephesus a small church was built dedicated to John in 2C AD, Later in 6C AD it was replaced by a huge basilica built by Emperor Justinian, The impressive ruins are still standing today.
Our last visiting place will be the Temple of Arthemis or Artemision was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Its ancient cult dedicated to Artemis was very famous in antiquity and made Ephesus a much-visited pilgrimage place. There was a total of 127 ionic columns with a height of 19m. The temple is also considered to be the earliest bank of the ancient world.
At the end of the tour drive you back to the departure point.
- What Will You Do- Walk on the ancient streets of Ephesus and see monuments such as the Celsus library and the largest roman theatre on Asia continent,
- Visit Mary House, where she spent her final days
- See The Temple of Artemis; one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Visit St. John Basilica; Where he wrote his Gospel
- Learn history about early Christians from your oriented bible guide
- What To Expect- Enjoy a Full-Day tour to Ancient Ephesus with a bible oriented guide on a private vehicle
- Walkthrough in Ancient Ephesus among the beautiful monuments such as the third largest library of the ancient world or the largest roman theatre on Asia continent
- Visit the House of the Virgin Mary which has a mystic atmosphere
- Enjoy typical Turkish food in a local restaurant
- Transportation, Guiding in your own language, Skip-The-Line tickets provided
- What Is Included- Admission fees to attractions
- Professional licensed tour guide
- Lunch in the local restaurant
- All sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfer service from/to Izmir Hotels / Airport / Port
- Land transportation by air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle
- What Is Not Included- Beverage during the tour
- Gratuities to the guide&driver(optional)
- Personal expenses
- Know Before You Go- Please wear comfortable clothes, hat, and shoes
- Take your camera (without professional equipment)
- There will be roughly 1mile walking in Ephesus Ancient City.
- Transfers-Izmir Hotels
Please suggest your private tour pick up time (8:00 am is recommend tour starting time)
! It is highly suggested that the clients reconfirm their departure/pickup times by calling or emailing to the local tour operator no later than 24 hr before the service.