As we drive into the Stirling area from your point of pick up we will discuss the story of William Wallace and Robert The Bruce and their important roles in the battles of Scottish Independence that have captured the imaginations of Hollywood film producers over many years from the famous Braveheart to relatively recent Outlaw King.
We will visit the locations of 2 very significant battles, bannockburn and Stirling Bridge and get a chance to explore Stirling Castle, probably the most significant fortification in Scotland’s history. The castle changed hands between the Scot’s and the English 8 times over a 300 year period.
At bannockburn we will talk about the exploits of Robert The Bruce and how he managed to defeat a much larger and better equipped army using the location to provide a tactical advantage to the poorly equipped Scot’s.
From there we will head up to Stirling castle where after a guided tour of the castle we will discuss William Wallace and his famous victory at the battle of Stirling Bridge.
We will stop for lunch before heading out to explore the fantastic scenery of The Trossachs National Park. At Kilmahog where we will pop in to visit Scotland’s most famous and visited Hairy Coo’s and you will get a chance to feed them and take some photographs.
From Kilmahog we will head up over the Trossach hills to take in some of Scotland’s most stunning scenery through mountains and glens and by the side of some beautiful lochs.
After our peaceful drive we will make our way back to your pickup point to finish our tour.
- What Will You DoThis is a luxury private tour for up to 7 guests which will take you on a fantastic voyage of discovery and adventure into Scotland's turbulent and violent historical past but also into that contradictory peaceful and serine landscape where you can't help relax and soak in the atmosphere.
From the luxury of our 9 seater tour bus you will be taken to some very important historical locations including battlefields and castles and we will travel back in time to capture the true spirit of Scotland's unpredictable and colorful past.
From the terrible stories of murder, betrayal and bloodshed we will head out into some of Scotland's most beautiful scenic locations where we will get the chance to relax and soak in the most incredible panoramic views of tranquil countryside and mountains with the chance to get up close and personal with the worlds oldest pedigree animals, the "Hairy Coo's" or Highland Cows as you may know them.
- What To Expect- Our tours are designed to let you explore and discover our fantastic history and to get a better understanding of what really happened during a very turbulent point in Scotland's history.
- As well as travelling back to a time that is so alien to us now you will have the chance to see some of Scotland's most majestic scenery, all done from the luxury and comfort of your own private tour bus.
- We hope to educate you a little bit but most of all for you to have fun and feel that sense of adventure that every true traveler looks for in a great tour. It's time to see Scotland your way.
- What Is Included- Bottled water for all guests
- A personalized route map and itinerary for each guest
- Hot and Cold drinks at any stop as required
- Individual golf umbrellas just in case the Scottish weather lives up to it's name.
- Personal seat organizers to provide a little more comfort.
- Personal audio system if required to ensure you can hear the driver
- A taste of Scotland sweet treat at one of our stops through the day
- Personal guiding services
- Tour customization before and during the tour to meet your requests and requirements
- What Is Not Included- Entrance Fees
- Know Before You Go- Activity level range: low-moderate
- Some areas of Stirling Castle are not overly accessible for wheelchairs because of cobble stones and some steep stair cases but in general it can still be enjoyed with limited mobility