Early in the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel in El Calafate and head to Los Glaciares National Park (80 km) for your Minitrekking adventure. At the pier located in “Bajo de las Sombras” port, embark a boat for a 20 minutes navigation across the Rico Arm, enjoying breathtaking views of the Perito Moreno glacier’s front wall.
Then, arriving on the opposite shore, we will disembark and our specialized bilingual mountain guides will welcome you and lead you to a small shelter. After checking the last details the group of not more than 20 people, we will follow the guides along the lake’s shore towards the edge of the glacier. Once we will get on the ice, the guides will put on each participant a pair of crampons on and they will explain how to use them. After that, you are ready to start a 2 hours trek, which introduces us to the fascinating landscape of the glaciers: streams, small lagoons, gullies, crevasses and plenty of ice formations of the most incredible blues.
After the hike, a stroll through the forest will take us back to the shelter, from where we will embark for another 20 minutes navigation to Bajo de las Sombras” port. There, we will take the bus again to go back to the hotels in El Calafate
- What Will You Do- Walk on ice over the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Learn about the geography of the place with our experienced bilingual guides
- Join a boat ride to get views of the Glacier from a whole new perspective
- What To Expect- This full day excursion will take you to walk over the glacier, fully equipped and accompanied by our certified bilingual guides, for a day long.
- You will also have access to the Glacier's balconies during a whole hour in order to get the best views and landscapes of the National Park before going for this one of a kind experience.
- The excursion includes a 20 minutes navigation to the Perito Moreno Glacier and a long walk over the Ice to discover every corner of the Glacier
- What Is Included- Pick up and drop off from El Calafate
- Bilingual mountain guides
- Boat ride
- All the necessary equipment
- What Is Not Included- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Port Taxes