Let’s start our adventure by meeting at Time Out Market (Mercado da Ribeira), in Cais do Sodré by the Tagus river. From there we will drive to the village of Sesimbra located 30km south of Lisbon in the heart of Arábida Natural Park.
The area of Sesimbra presents you with the highest calcarium cliffs in Europe, amazing rock formations that exist for 18M years and make it for small paradise beaches located along its shores.
Prepare yourself to see the amazing contrast between green and blue only found in this region.
You will find it guarded by the Sesimbra castle dating from the year 711 and that later became the village of Cezimbra in the year 1210. This area created the word “Califórnia” that later named the state of California in the USA. It’s this amazing calcarium landscape that will be the backdrop for our Kayak tour.
Together we will explore the tales and stories of this region while paddling along the area passing by the caves and passages on the rocks. Lunch will be waiting for us on the beach.
After a relaxing time in and out of the ocean, we will head back to our van and drive you back to Lisbon.
Sit back and enjoy the ride. We will take care of every detail from start to finish.
- What Will You Do- Enter an amazing natural world away from the village of Sesimbra
- Find yourself surrounded by ancient cliffs that now form the best passages and tunnels to pass by on our kayaks
- Visit the most amazing beach in Portugal, Ribeira do Cavalo
- Enjoy your time in a full detox from the city life
- What To ExpectWhen we say hassle free it is exactly that. An all-inclusive adventure so that you can enjoy the experience to the fullest and not worry about anything else. Just meet us at the starting point in Lisbon and leave the rest to us. We will prepare your lunch for the day with a combination of home made sandwich, a selection of fresh fruit, water and the Sesimbra local "Farinha Torrada" that fisherman from this area have been enjoying so much over the last centuries. After the tour and lunch once we are back in Sesimbra we will drive you back to Lisbon.
Don't think twice and go for an adventure with us.
- What Is Included- Lunch
- Transport from Lisbon to Sesimbra
- Transport from Sesimbra to Lisbon
- Kayak Equipment
- Wetsuit (on request)
- What Is Not Included- Towels
- Know Before You GoMake sure you have sunscreen with you. Always best to use sunglasses and a sun hat if possible. We have a huge blanket on the beach but not beach towels if you want to change clothes or dry before heading back to Lisbon.
This experience is suitable for people with no experience kayaking. If you have any physical limitation then this is not the right water experience for you.