Join us on board for a 5 hour, interactive and personalised tour through the Bay of Islands. Catering to 20 guests maximum, escape the crowds and explore off the beaten track. With two island stopovers, island walks to breathtaking viewpoints, marine wildlife, sightseeing, snorkelling, swimming, commentary and history throughout the day.
Departing 10am from Paihia, we cruise the sheltered coastline towards the out islands of the bay. Keep an eye out for penguins and sea birds as we cruise, and if we are lucky, there is a possibility of sighting dolphins along the way.
Our first stop brings us to Roberton Island (AKA – Twin Lagoons) where Captain James Cook first landed in 1769. A short walk takes you to the top of the lookout point, with breathtaking 360 degree views over the bay. On return from the walk, relax and enjoy beachside morning tea – Coffee, Tea & Biscuits. As we finish morning tea, there will be time to explore the twin lagoons before stepping back on board our vessel and cruising further into the remote islands.
Our second stop aims to take us into some of New Zealands most unfrequented bays – Escaping the Crowds! Here we have plenty of opportunity to explore the island, try snorkelling our island reefs, give Stand-Up Paddleboarding a try, relax on the beach or take a swim in the calm sheltered waters. For those that wish to take another walk along the island trail, there are amazing viewpoints over the outer islands.
As our afternoon activities finish, we begin our scenic cruise back towards Paihia for a 3pm arrival.
- What To Expect- Fun filled for all travellers - Solo, Couples, Families, Groups
- Small Groups - Personalised and Interactive
- Plenty of local information and history throughout the day
- A real kiwi experience, off the beaten track with a passionate local company
- What Is Included- Morning Tea, Coffee & Biscuits
- All paddleboarding and snorkeling equipment
- Picnic/Beach Blankets for use throughout the day
- 2 Island Stopovers, with walking tours
- Sightseeing and breathtaking viewpoints
- Commentary, History & Information
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - there is option to pre-purchase packed lunch for the day
- Swimsuit & Towel - please bring your own swimsuit and towel for the day
- Camera, Light Jacket, Sunscreen, cash for onboard refreshments