Experience unimpaired views from your window seat onboard our fixed-wing aircraft as you fly through a landscape of unbelievable grandeur and beauty. Your knowledgeable, highly skilled local pilot will provide interesting and informative commentary during this 80-minute flight of a lifetime.
Departing from Queenstown Airport enjoy panoramic views of Lake Wakatipu, glacier-fed braided rivers of the Dart valley into the World Heritage Area of Mt. Aspiring National Park. With endless snow-covered mountains, awe-inspiring glaciers such as the Olivine Ice Plateau and the Tutoko Glacier it really is an unforgettable experience.
Our breath-taking scenic flight takes you out over the rugged West Coast and the Tasman Sea before a quick U-turn descending into Fiordland National Park. Flying directly through Milford Sound itself, with the dramatic sheer mountains either side and aerial views of the cascading Stirling Falls, you’ll almost feel like you are, not literally, in touching distance from Mitre Peak.
Your pilot will then begin to head back to Queenstown via a different flight path, for another epic 40 minutes flightseeing, with Lake Quill and Sutherland Falls just some of the incredible highlights along the way.
- What Will You Do- Return sightseeing flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound
- Fly over the glaciers and peaks of Mount Aspiring National Park
- See some of the South Island's most rugged terrain
- Descend into Milford Sound for unmatched views
- Return flight to Queenstown via Lake Wakatipu
- What Is Included- Courtesy transport to and from most Queenstown accommodation included if required.
- Return scenic flight to Milford Sound - different flight paths each way.
- A highly skilled local pilot who will provide interesting and informative commentary.