The Wat Mahathat Worawihan is a Royal temple located in an old, busy district with narrow lanes and wooden shop houses in the old center of Phetchaburi town.
The large complex is surrounded by a wall with several large elaborate entrance gates. The Wat Mahathat Worawihan comprises of five large prangs, a viharn, an ubosot, several chedis, the kuti and several other monastic buildings. Most eye catching are the five white prangs towering above the area that are visible from much of Phetchaburi town. The temple is also known for its extensive fine stucco work.
Go to Wat Yai Suwannaram is worth a stop on your way to Wat Kamphaeng Laeng. The temple appears to be very old. The exact date of founding isn’t given, but most of the oldest existing buildings are around 300 years old.
Wat Tham Khao Tao is a larger temple in the village of Ban Khao Tao. This is a place where people still get excited to see farangs (People from the West) and there is a lot to see. The temple has a cave with Buddha images and more images are being raised right along the shoreline. Overlooking the village with its many fishing boats is a huge Kwan Yin statue, a large standing Buddha image and another one, even bigger, was being built on the top of the mountain. One of the monks told me that former U.S. President Clinton visited here and enjoyed the same view a few years back.
- What Will You Do- Pick you up from your hotel and we drive to Petchaburi.
- Arrive at Wat Mahathat Temple Located at Petchaburi Province, we explore and get to know the History behind the Temple.
- We proceed to Wat Plab Pla Chai Temple also known as the famous Temple in Petchuri.
- We set for Lunch
- Our next stop is Wat Yai Suwannaram Temple, The temple appears to be very old. The exact date of founding isn't given, but most of the oldest existing buildings are around 300 years old.
- On returning back to Hua Hin we visit Wat Tham Khao Tao temple, the temple has a cave with Buddha images and more images are being raised right along the shoreline. - Overlooking the village with its many fishing boats is a huge Kwan Yin statue,
- Finally we stop at Khao Tao Cave, contained within it are several caves with a multitude of Buddha statues and shrines.
- Back to Hua Hin.
- What Is Included- Transportation.
- Tour guide throughout the trip.
- Meals as specified in the list included.
- Entrance fee.
- What Is Not Included- Tips
- Personal expenses.