Our Great Ocean Road day tour is a full day trip spent exploring this truly majestic stretch of diverse coastline, taking in its amazing array of spectacular attractions. The scenic journey in our air conditioned bus along the Great Ocean Road is a highlight in itself, as we absorb some truly amazing coastal scenery, with new views being revealed around every bend.
Experience the roaring surf, white sand beaches, rocky outcrops and towering cliffs. Our Great Ocean Road day trips make stops at numerous beaches, lookouts and other scenic spots allowing you an opportunity to take plenty of happy snaps, as well as to simply relax while enjoying the stunning views.
We visit an area on our Great Ocean Road day trip where the local koalas are particularly abundant, ensuring excellent koala viewing while enjoying a stroll amongst the sweetly-scented eucalyptus forest. We’ll also meet some of our favourite feathered friends, as numerous colourful local parrots call the Great Otway National Park home.
Our tour’s lunch stop is at the foot of the Otway Ranges in the beautiful town of Apollo Bay, Australia. Your included lunch is provided at a local cafe, with time allowed to explore the shops and the marina or to have a dip in the bay itself.
After lunch our Great Ocean Road tour takes us into the mountains, where we take a stroll in the Great Otway National Park. Wonder at the intricate beauty of the ancient rainforest and marvel at the region’s towering native hardwoods, some of the tallest trees anywhere in the world.
Then of course it’s onwards to the Port Campbell National Park, where you’ll be awestruck by the world famous rock formations including of course the 12 Apostles, the sensational (but much underestimated) Loch Ard Gorge, as well as Gibsons Steps, for an opportunity to view two of the famous limestone stacks from sea level.
- What Will You Do- Take a truly scenic journey along Australia’s most spectacular coastal route, with the beaches of the Great Ocean Road’s Surf Coast
- Have a guided eco tour in the Great Otway National Park’s cool temperate rainforest
- Experience the tranquil beauty of the rainforest gullies and its towering eucalyptus trees
- Wonder at the famous rock formations of the Port Campbell National Park
- An opportunity to view two of the Apostles from beach level at Gibson’s Steps
- What Is Included- Guided tour to Great Ocean Road (Small group with a maximum of 24 guests)
- Morning tea (coffee/tea/hot chocolate & cake)
- Fresh café lunch (vegetarians catered for)
- Admission fees
- Complimentary Wi-Fi service on board
- Roundtrip transport to and from your Melbourne city hotel
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- What Is Not Included- Extra drinks and food unmentioned
- Gratitudes (optional)
- TransfersAll guests MUST call and confirm travel details and provide a contact number at least 24 hrs prior to departure.
We offer hotel pickup from many different hotels located across inner Melbourne. If you would like to check if we collect from your accommodation, please contact us after booking.