Listing ID: 29898
4-Hour Private Historical Jewish Tour Of Lisbon
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
With three thousand years of history, Lisbon overflows with influences of Sephardic presence. Lisbon’s Jewish community came to develop a unique culture that was the reflection of their total social integration, which was only broken after the Renaissance.
Get into the sounds, smells and beauty of Lisbon’s ancient alleyways, full of Sephardic memories. We will take you to the neighbourhoods where the biggest Jewish community in Europe inhabited for centuries: Chiado, Baixa and Alfama.
Discover why, even today, you can feel Sephardic influences, all over the town. We will tell you why Jewish community was important for Portuguese Golden Age of Discoveries and we will tell about the intellectuals, the mathematicians, the cabalists…
At the end of the tour, you will visit the Synagogue Ohel Jacob, where you will be received by one of its members. Discover Lisbon!
- What Will You Do1. Hotel Pickup
2. Nossa Senhora do Monte Belvedere
4. Terreiro do Trigo
5. Terreiro do Paço
7. D. Dinis Wall
8. S. Domingos Church
10. Largo Carmo
11. Ohel Jacob Synagogue
12. Hotel Drop-off
- What To Expect- Private walking tour of Lisbon's Jewish quarter
- Receive undivided attention from a private guide who knows the area well
- Discover the impact Lisbon's Jewish community had during the Golden Age
- Uncover the UNESCO-listed landmarks of Alfama, one of Lisbon's oldest districts
- What Is Included- Private tour
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader)
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- What Is Not Included- Food and drinks.
- Tzedakah - 5€ per person (at the Synagogue).
- The baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- No smoking or eating inside the vehicle.
- Gratuities are not included.
- Know Before You Go- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers.
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please let us know if you have children and their ages. This service does not have any additional cost.