This half day tour is a discovery of the Jewish history, what left from the Jewish heritage, the most important families, curiosities and influences in the economy, and culture in Porto.
In this experience, you will also visit the fourth Jewish quarter and understand why it was built outside the city walls and understand how the Inquisition, that started in 1536, affected the local community and the return of this same community by 1753 with Marquês de Pombal.
- What Will You Do- Visit the city center.
- Visit the jewish neighborhoods.
- What To ExpectDuring this intense adventure, you will visit a secret synagogue in Rua São Miguel see a plaque commemorating the victims of the Inquisition - outside Mosteiro São Bento da Vitória and realize where took place the two Autos of Fé (near Portuguese Center of Photography).
During this tour, you can also visit the biggest synagogue in Iberian Peninsula (Sinagoga Kadoorie Mekor Haim) and the museum.
- What Is Included- Jewish tour guide.
- Visit to synagogue.
- Flexible schedule.
- What Is Not Included- Monuments visits.