Ride to the beaches of northern Portugal has never been so pleasant to the taste of the idyllic and fantastic scenery.
Experience the unmatched Portuguese northern coast, where you can find various cities dedicated to the activity and fishing industry, where the fish gastronomy, such as, cod fish, sardines, sea bass and dourada rules.
In the middle of this bicycle route, find buildings of public interest, considered as an historical heritage of the city, such as the Porto Custom House, (a place for local events and exhibitions); the unavoidable tidal pools, designed by Álvaro Siza Vieira, (very attended in summer); a replica of a ship of the Portuguese Discoveries, of the sixteenth century, ending in Póvoa do Varzim, with its famous sea inlets.
- What Will You Do1. Start the e-bike tour from the meeting point, near Trindade subway station
2. Starting the tour we will be passing right in the heart of Porto, Avenida dos Aliados, in the direction of the river Douro.
3. Visit the train station of São Bento is certainly one of the main attractions of the city. Here you will be able to see its tiles in all their glory, a total of 20000 tiles.
4. Pass by Jardim do Infante Dom Henrique and see the "Palacio da Bolsa" and the Hard Club.
5. See the Igreja de Sao Francisco, an impressive gothic church down by the river area.
6. Visit Vila Nova de Gaia and make a wine tour in the famous Wine Cellars of Porto wine, where you will taste the famous Portuguese gastronomy and ate the same time enjoying the view of Ribeira.
7. Visit the Farol-Capela de S. Miguel. Almost unnoticeable lies this small structure, being the first renaissance building in the entire country and even one of the oldest in Europe.
8. Stop at the Fortress Sao Joao Baptista, an impressive structure down by the meeting point between the river Douro and the Atlantic Ocean.
9. Enjoy the ocean view and the environment surrounding you at praia do Molhe.
10. Stop at Castle of the Cheese. In a dominant position over the Atlantic Ocean and a short distance from the mouth of the Douro River, it is also known as Castelo do Queijo because, according to tradition, it was built on a round granite rock and shaped like a cheese.
11. Pass by Leca da Palmeira. In this area of Porto you can feel connected with the beautiful landscape of the beaches all around
12. Visit the Angeiras market, a typical and a very local fish market.
13. Visit Igreja Santiago de Labruge.
14. Stop at the old Carmo Convent. The Monastery of Santa Clara was one of the biggest and richest feminine convents in Portugal, founded in 1318.
15. Go back to Porto by subway. Tickets are included.
- What Is Included- Full-day bike tour
- Professional guide
- Use of an electric bike and helmet
- Liability and personal accident insurances
- Visit the cellar of Porto wine
- Wine tasting session
- Lunch in Matosinhos - Find out the true flavors of the sea!
- Transport to return to Porto: metro ticket from Póvoa de Varzim to Porto