Wake up early in the morning or even in late afternoon and take a walking tour from Fira to Oia following the path of the “eyebrow of Caldera”. In this way, you will avoid high temperatures, which are very common during summer. Don’t forget your camera!
A good place to start out our hiking dashes is that of the long but quite easy path, the favorite of all tourists that leads you from Fira to Oia via Firostefani and Imerovigli. It will take us about three hours to reach the end of our destination.
We will start our walk from the center of Fira and follow Nomikos street that results in Nomikos Conference center. Here, the road is ascending, quite steep and tiring. After aprox. one kilometer you reach the church Panagia Agion Theodoron with the Three Bells.
Then the walk dips inland towards Firostefani and the church of Agios Gerasimos, a christian church with the cypresses. From Firostefani we continue our walk towards Imerovigli, one kilometer away. In the middle of that route, we will see the convent of Agios Nikolaos. As we approach Imerovigli you will have the opportunity to take a look at its landmark Skaros, the big rock. As long as you continue north you will reach the little church of Prophet Elias (Profitis Elias).
After that you continue on the shoulder of the road for a short time and then you go on to walk along the caldera into Oia. Agios Antonios chapel along with the Donkey station and the High Cross (Psilos Stavros) church, will be a reason to have a short stop and take some breaths during the hike… At some point the road is ascending and rather tiring, especially if the weather is warm, but reaching Oia village you will be compensated for sure!!!
Our journey will end in Oia, at the church of Saint George (Agios Georgios), almost 10 kilometers from where it began. This hiking adventure will have given us an unforgettable experience for our senses and a substantial introduction to history and beauties of Santorini.
- What Is Included- English speaking experienced hiking guide
- Snacks and bottled water
- Round trip transfers from your hotel
- What Is Not Included- For every extra participant the additional cost is: €80 euros per person
- Any lunch or personal expenses
- Know Before You Go- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- The maximum capacity of the tour is of 12 people per group
- Please note: This hiking tour is appropriate for all ages but not for young children.
- The minimum age to participate is 10 years old.
- No previous experience is necessary although participants should be in good health.