This tour is entirely dedicated to Sintra and an incredible dive into some of the most iconic monuments of its landscape. As Lord Byron once said, Sintra is «atrue glorious Garden of Eden» which is an understatement. Everything in Sintra seems to have come out of a fairy tale, and surprisingly unspoilt by time, despite being a touristic hotspot. But this tour is also for those who seek something different and authentic.
We start this journey en route to Sintra. Upon arrival, we explore its historic center and see the Sintra National Palace, the best preserved medieval royal palace in the country, with its Manueline and Moorish styles.
It’s now time to see the Convento dos Capuchos, a Franciscan convent at the very heart of the Sintra hills, built according to the ideals of the Order of St. Francis of Assisi: the search for spiritual perfection by renouncing the pleasures associated with earthly life and seeking integration with the surrounding nature.
Don’t worry, that introspection won’t last long, since we will have a delicious meal in a traditional Portuguese restaurant with regional delicacies. After lunch, it’s time to see the world-famous Pena Palace. It’s practically a visual synonym for Sintra, with its vibrant colors and fusion of styles. The fact it is nested on top of the hill also enhances its mystical aura, especially when it’s surrounded by fog, which is not uncommon.
Time to return to Lisbon, as we drive along the Marginal Avenue and see the beautiful coastline connecting the capital to Cascais.
- What To Expect- Explore the charming village of Sintra with this 9-hour tour from Lisbon
- Visit landmarks such as Pena Palace, Sintra National Palace and the Capuchos Convent
- Enjoy informative commentary from your guide about the history of the area
- What Is Included- Hotel pickup (or nearest location possible) only in certain areas of the city (center). It may be required to get to a standard pick-up point (i.e Cais do Sodré train station or Saldanha metro station)
- Drop-off at 2 centrally located points: Restauradores square / Marquês de Pombal
- Small-group tour (8 people max.)
- Professional local guide
- Professional driver (separate from guide)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- WiFi available in the minivan
- Entrance fee at Pena Palace, Convent of Capuchos and Sintra National Palace
- Guided tour inside the monuments
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities (optional)
- Food (including meals) and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- Transfers- We'll pick you up in your centrally located Lisbon hotel (please note that you may have to walk a short distance from your accommodation to be picked up), or nearest location possible, only in certain areas of the city (center).
- It may be required to get to a standard pick-up point (i.e Cais do Sodré train station or Saldanha metro station)
- Drop-off made at Lisbon center (Marquês de Pombal or Restauradores square)