Listing ID: 114442
Small-Group Food Walking Tour In The Neighborhoods Of Rome
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
With a guide, learn the local secrets of the Eternal City and sample traditional Italian favorites like gelato and pasta, as well as local specialties like fried artichokes.
Your 3.5-hour walking tour takes you to some of the city’s best-loved neighborhoods to sample a variety of different delights, from gleaming, beautifully-displayed fruits and vegetables in Campo de’ Fiori (for the morning option) to the artisanal gelatos of the picturesque Trastevere neighborhood.
Groups are kept to no more than 15 people so that you won’t miss a sip, a bite, or an expertly woven point of Roman culinary heritage as you wander through lively plazas and flower-strewn side streets.
The stops include historical markets, bustling bakeries, gelaterias, and traditional restaurants where you’ll share the delicious food and wines of the region. Sample pizza bianca, the legendary mid-morning snack of Rome, festooned with thin slices of savoury mortadella; you’ll also taste cool, flavorful gelato and expertly browned supplì: tomatoey fried rice balls stuffed with creamy morsels of mozzarella. You might even try fried codfish in the Jewish Ghetto and catch a waft of exotic spices in the Campo de’ Fiori market.
Through tasting, talking, savoring, and sharing, you’ll learn about the culinary history of Italy, fundamental to so much of the culture’s richness. You’ll also get the inside scoop on any special food events taking place at the time of your visit.
By the end of the tour, you’ll have learnt to order food in Rome like a pro and where to find the best bites in town, preparing you to eat like an emperor for the rest of your Roman holiday!
- What To Expect- Rome food walking tour to Trastevere, Campo di Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto
- Find favorite local eateries in Rome with your guide
- Visit Campo de' Fiori’s market to meet local traders and sample their quality produce
- Explore vibrant Trastevere and try food like a classic Roman pasta dish, gelato and tomato-free pizza
- What Is Included- Local guide
- Visit to Campo de' Fiori Market, Trastevere and the Jewish Ghetto
- Samples of Roman tipycal and beloved specialties
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Pizzicheria Ruggeri
- Entry/Admission - Antico Forno Roscioli
- Entry/Admission - Ghetto Ebraico
- Entry/Admission - Ristorante Sette Oche in Altalena
- Entry/Admission - Fiordiluna
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Know Before You Go- The market visit is not included in the afternoon tour. If you select this option, you will have some free time to browse the local shops instead
- Vegetarian or dairy-free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately