We are locals and very passionate about our city, our food and our wine! If you are Food and Wine Lover, we would really love to share our passion with you because our History&Gastro Treasures food tour is exactly what you need if you want to discover Dalmatian food traditions in the impresive 1700 year old imperial town.
We are taking you through the Diocletian’s Palace, the large beating heart of the city and UNESCO World Heritage listed site. This tour will cover the city’s most important historic sights of Diocletian’s Palace and the surrounding medieval highlights; Peristyle and Vestibul, the Golden Gates and Mestrovic’s statue of Gregory of Nin, medieval Squares and palaces in Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque style. … The incredible cultural and historical heritage is now full of coffee shops, taverns, and restaurants! A fun & knowledgeable guide will take you to five different places so you can taste the most delicious food and Dalmatian wines, traditional sweets and homemade gelato!
Rest assured, you will enjoy this food & walk tour with all the best of Split and its delights!
- What Will You DoYou will meet your guide at the crossing of the Riva promenade and Hrvojeva street (by the south-east tower of the Diocletian palace, next to the Green Market), look for a guide with a orange wooden spoon! Adress: Obala Hrvatskog narodnog preporoda 27
You’ll start your food adventure by tasting local cheese and liquor. Next stop - a great restaurant known for its specialties “macaroni” - handmade pasta, seafood coldstarters and a glass of wine, of course. You will also have the opportunity to taste the famous seafood risotto, prepared by one of the most charming restaurant in the heart of Diocletian’s Palace. During the next part of the tour you will visit a small shop where you will taste two kinds of famous traditional food “soparnik” and “Viška pogača”. The tour concludes with the oldest pastry shop in Split, where you will taste the traditional Split’s cakes and gelato.
- What To Expect- 4-hour walking tour of historical center of Split with an licenced guide- Diocletian palace, medieval Squares and palaces in Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque style.
- 5 stops with great and generous food tasting of traditional dalmatian delicacies and wine
- Small-group format ensures a personalized experience
- No additional costs
- What Is Included- 4-hour guided tour of Split
- Food tasting which include Dalmatian delicacies, pastas and risotto
- snacks which include seafood (anchovies, fish pate), prosciutto, cheese, olives,
- traditional pies: "soparnik"- savoury pie with a filling of Swiss chard, garlic, olive oil.. and "Viška pogača" a pie from the Vis island with anchovies, onion and tomatoes)
- two glasses of wine (black or white)
- traditional sweets
- homemade gelato
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Extra food and drink