In this tour, you will enjoy 8 hours of Peterhof Park, metro stations and Paul’s Palace tour with a knowledgeable guide.
Tour is done in a comfortable vehicle and the group is always small so you take the most out of the guide’s explanations.
1. Visiting Peterhof Park
We begin our tour with a transfer to 35 km southeast of St. Petersburg and walk through the famous Peterhof fountain park. The Peterhof complex consists of a set of palaces and gardens. It was not only declared UNESCO World Heritage site but also bears the proud title of one of the ‘Russia’s Seven Wonders’. The shining water of more than a hundred fountains of various forms and styles running all the time, canals, terraces, gilded statues, mansions, flowers – all these makes the visit to the park unforgettable.
October 15 – May 1: replaced by a tour of the Peterhof Grand Palace
2. Metro tour
The subway in Soviet times was considered to be the Palace of the People and was to be decorated as such. That is why each one of the stations in the Saint Petersburg Metro is a unique and stunning work of art – decorated with marble, granite, high reliefs, huge lamps and each one has its own style. During the tour, you will see the most beautiful stations and learn about the history of the subway.
3. Visiting Paul’s Palace
After a walk in the Peterhof park, you will travel to the city called Pavlovsk and visit the Paul’s Palace. It was built in the second half of the 18th century in the classical style and belonged to the son of Catherine II, the Great, Paul I. It is one of the few palaces that still have a feeling of a private home and reflect the taste and character of their owners. During the visit, you will see paintings, porcelains, furniture and decorative art objects made by Maria Fiodorovna, the second wife of Tsar Paul I.
- What Will You Do09:00 - 09:30 - Meeting at the hotel /ship and drive to Peterhof
09:30 - 10:30 - Metro tour
10:30 - 12:00 - Walk along Peterhof Fountain Park*
12:00 - 13:00 - Drive to Pavlovsk
13:00 - 14:00 - Free time for lunch
14:00 - 15:30 - Visit to Paul's Palace
16:30 - 17:00 - Back to the hotel /ship
*October 15 - May 1: replaced by a tour of the Peterhof Grand Palace
- What To Expect- This tour is done in a comfortable Mercedes-Benz minibus
- A small group with a maximum of 10 people
- Licensed guide with more than 5 years of experience
- Skip-the-line access to the main palaces and museums
- What Is Included- Entrance tickets
- Climate controlled mini bus
- English speaking guide
- Pick up and drop off (hotel/cruise ship)
- What Is Not Included- Lunch
- Gratuity is not included and left to individual discretion
- Know Before You Go- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- If needed, please ask for pickup from your hotel/ship or any other location when you book
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time