Join this fun day-trip to the Chianti countryside, and discover why the area is famous for its scenery as well as its wine.
The first stop will be at a wine tasting school where you will taste 4 different type of wines including the famous Chianti Classico D.O.C.G. and a Super Tuscan wine, a 30 year-old balsamic vinegar, and the delicious truffle extra virgin olive oil. Here you will learn how to recognize the different flavors and develop your taste buds together with a wine passionate producer.
The second stop will be at a local winery located in a stunning area well-known for the production of the D.O.C.G. Vernaccia white wine and facing the famous towers of San Gimignano. The winemakers will guide you through the vineyards and the cellars and they will share the secrets of the wine and oil production as well as the best wine and food combinations.
At the winery you will have the opportunity to buy the local products and wine at a convenient cost to bring back home or to ship to friends and family.
In the afternoon you will be free to visit and spend time wandering through the narrow streets of San Gimignano. Shop ’til you drop, and enjoy gelato from the world-champion ice-cream making gelateria.
Departure from San Gimignano is at 15:45. Estimated travel time is an hour an ten minutes. You’ll arrive back in Florence at about 17:00.
- What Will You Do- Take a relaxing day trip to the Tuscan wine region
- Try 7 different types of wine all in one day
- Have a professional wine tasting lesson
- Taste extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Treat yourself to the gelato world champion
- Visit of the famous hill top town of San Gimignano
- What Is Included- Transport in a minibus or coach
- English-speaking local guide
- 2 wine tastings at 2 wineries
- Balsamic and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- 1.5-hour visit in San Gimignano
- Maps and info onboard
- What Is Not Included- Pick up from your accommodation
- Know Before You Go- Make sure you have a big breakfast before coming on the tour. Lots of wine is involved so an empty stomach is not recommended.
- People younger than 18 are not allowed on this tour. We suggest to look at more suitable tours such as the Tuscany Experience where there is not so much wine involved.
- Departure guaranteed with a Min. 4 people - Max: 60 people ( not a small group tour in high season ). Rain or shine
- Checking out on the same day? The office is near the train station so if you are checking out the same day of the tour, feel free to bring your bags and luggage with you. We will store them underneath the bus/van so that you will be ready to leave to your next destination when returning to Florence.
- Spending the night in Siena? Ask your guide to be dropped off in San Gimignano so you don’t have to come all the way back to Florence. From San Gimignano you can take a local bus to Siena.